Bitcoin

Thoughts on Bitcoin and whether Monzo would consider intergrating Bitcoin wallets to thier service in the future or do users and Monzo feel it is too risky?

I’m new to Bitcoin myself and still really don’t understand it fully but it seems to becoming more popular so thought I would ask how everyone feels about it and crypto currency in general?

1 Like

As I understand it this is something planned for the future at the moment:

1 Like

I’ve very recently decided to invest a bit of time and money into Bitcoin so I’m going to follow this. Not fussed if Monzo are going to integrate or not but who knows!

Is Bitcoin still a thing then?

I’ve not used them & I don’t know whether they’re any good or not but you could try Wirex’s service…

Yeah, and worth a lot more than they were last month. Gaining value day by day.

Yes it is true the Bitcoin currency has been steadily increasing in value, however it is only prudent to remind people that the value could change and you should only ever invest what you can afford to lose should you decide to gamble on a continuing increase in value

1 Like

Looks like it has been declining over the last month

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=XBT&view=1M

I dunno what I’d buy with it

XBT isn’t Bitcoin. Bitcoin is BTC.

Or this is more what you want…

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=XBT&to=GBP&view=1M

XBT is a new international code for Bitcoin where any currency not linked to a nation state commences with X

1 Like

Thank you Richard, still relatively new to it so everyday is a scholday :thumbsup:

1 Like

To clarify further. A currency code is generally built from the two-digit ISO 3316 country code and a third letter for the currency. Although “BTC” is often used in the Bitcoin community, BT is officially the country code of Bhutan. An X-code reflects currencies that are used internationally and XBT is incorporated in the list of codes published by the International Standards Organization or ISO.

1 Like

I only learnt this myself a few days ago :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.