Battery drain in Android 2.28.1

Latest version of the Android app is causing ‘high power usage’ warnings ony OnePlus5. Anyone else getting this issue with either this app version or one a OneaPlus device?

The system waning is part of the Oxygen OS Android overlay I think and not present in stock Android

Monzo doesn’t make a dent in my battery life :yum:

Pixel3XL, 9.0, Monzo 2.28.1 :sunglasses:

Have you tried reinstalling the app to see if that makes a difference? :blush: And have you checked that your device is “optimising” monzo’s battery usage?

Also OP5 using 2.28.1 and no high battery usage warnings. I do tend to force close the app quite a lot though. Will leave it in the background for the day and let you know what I see.

I’m getting this warning on my OnePlus 3T too.

Yep came up 53 minutes after being open in the background:

Phone: OP5
Launcher: Nova 5.5.4
Monzo App: 2.28.1

Oh that is odd

Does Oxygen show the mAh usage?

10 minutes active use is 60mAh for me, or 2% of my 3200mAh Moto G6 Plus.

Interestingly Starling 10mins active use is half Monzos.

Even at 60mAh every 10mins it’ll take almost 9 hours of continuous banking usage to take down the phone. :man_shrugging:

I think I’ve had this notification once, about a week ago.
Not seen it again since. I always leave Monzo open in the background.

OnePlus 3T
OxygenOS 5.0.8
Android 8.0.0
Monzo App v2.28.1

No :frowning:

OP5 here, and I get these “Monzo is draining you battery” notifications all the time (Beta app)

In recent apps carousel, I have the padlock on Monzo set (i.e. I never manually kill it).

Settings > Battery > Battery optimisation > :mondo: is set to Optimise.

Settings > Apps > Application List > :mondo: > Battery shows 2m used in active use, 0m in background, 0% of total app usage (7mAh).

So doesn’t look particularly heavy. Nevertheless it is pretty annoying… I used to get the same notifications for Firefox a lot (even after Quantum IIRC) but that’s fine now

Hi all sorry to resurrect an old thread (didn’t seem worth a new one and I might no get OP owners in the beta threads) but are you getting the same warnings with v2.49.0 of Monzo?

Just had one through:

Again the actual usage doesn’t seem too bad: