Barclays (and others) looking to catch up

Problem is still opening hours, I’m away before they open and back after they close :sob:

It’s a start and sure it will get better with time

1 Like

Barclays need instant notifications, that’s the big one

This is an instant notification of a direct debit although lacking some details

I hardly ever use my Barclays account so I probably wouldn’t know if it had instant notifications yet anyway. I rely on what I see in the app to see new features they have.

I’m part of the closed beta and has only just started working for me meant to be ready by late September

1 Like

I agree…shopping

1 Like

Will be interesting to see what exchange rate Barclays offer.

3 Likes

The devil is in the detail, as always. This piqued my interest, though, with Nationwide removing the interest from their Plus account.

There’ll be no caps on spending, and no cap on the number of ATM withdrawals either – the same limits apply as they do at home in terms of cash withdrawal limits (personal customers £300 a day, premier customers £1,000 a day). As always, individual ATMs may still charge you for cash withdrawals.

Barclays have their android 10 act together now

The Barclays app will now work as normal with Android 10 so you can start to use it again. Sorry for how long it took us to fix the issue. Thanks for your patience. Your Barclays Team

Just seen on an RBS app update they support gambling blocks and more card control now. Taking a leaf out of someone’s book.

2 Likes

Is it just me or does this whole thread show the laziness and the “inability” for legacy banks to “catch up” to banks like Monzo and Starling? Like if you think about it, these legacy banks have a lot of money maybe even too much but they can’t be bothered to add a few features which would benefit them and the customer? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::no_mouth:

1 Like

They have a huge customer base to worry about though.

I’m sure if it was a small dev team like Monzo and Starling have they’d be all up on this. They’ll have devs all around the world doing different parts of the app so it all gets very haphazard. I think Barclays have done a very good job though in some ways exceeding the new banks. HSBC have got their global locations to consider before they change anything too much as the apps all essentially are the same no matter where you bank with them. Old banks have got many millions more customers who are used to something being a certain way, more testing, older users to consider and help guides to write. They’ve also got thousands of support staff they’d have to retrain.

Monzo and the likes do this too but on a smaller scale and they’re able to quickly rollback changes that don’t work and change things very quickly.

1 Like

When the brand new LLVM/Clang compiler came along and showed how much the older GCC compiler had bloated and atrophied it sparked a renaissance of the latter, but also sparked the wonderful quote:

It’s really tough getting an elephant to dance

I think it’s much the same in the case of the legacy banks. They do have the money to manage it by luck or otherwise though

1 Like

Looks like cheque imaging is now released to all.

Looking to catch up is maybe more like ahead of the new banks.