Barclays chat

True.

1 Like

You’re right, I just use it so little that I forget :sweat_smile: money in I can’t actually remember if they notify you for…

1 Like

What is a BAM?

2 Likes

Bricks and Mortar. You often hear that used to reference “legacy banks” but they’re all silly terms really.

2 Likes

Don’t believe they do.

Speaking about evri.

I have 6 parcels due from 6 different companies, every single one of them has been delayed and has stopped updating for 7 days+ now.

One of the companies just refunded the item as they said it’s lost in transit.
But the others said I need to wait for evri to respond to them which will be never :frowning:

Makes me wonder what they’re actually doing there since I know my local deport sacked a load of people as it was all over the local news paper, apparently they hired too many during the outbreak, but now they’re short staffed?

1 Like

New name. Same shit company.

8 Likes

Perfectly fine in my area, never had anything go missing, they always deliver on time and follow any instructions.

2 Likes

I think that, as with all delivery companies, the service level depends on how well the local depot is run.

Their tracking leaves a lot to be desired, too. I often have parcels stuck on “We’re waiting for your parcel” for days only for all the tracking to suddenly update in the 10 minutes before the doorbell rings.

I’m returning a parcel to a merchant at the moment. According to the tracking, they haven’t collected it yet. I’ve no idea if it’s lost, on the way, or been delivered.

2 Likes

As someone who sends parcels through Evri for business: They do respond to business customers’ enquiries - usually 5-10 working days, and more often than not the parcel does actually turn up and gets delivered a few days after we start the enquiry.

I understand it’s not great for the customer, but for a small business it may not be viable to cover all those losses.

2 Likes

Strangely enough the companies who I’m waiting on all say different when I ask for a guideline, some say 24 hours and some day 21 days.

These are all extremely large business, infact one has been delayed exactly 71 days so far and I’m still being told to wait for a response lol.

The next one is a high street clothing shop with a pair of walking boots and that’s been just over a month.

Pets at home with my dog food has been 3 weeks, should of been next day.

Wilko 15 days

And the worst one, I ordered something frozen that said arrives next day before 10am and it’s been 11 days so that’s defrosted somewhere.

The last parcel I had from evri took a whole year before it turned up, ordered it in 2019 January but turned up in 2020 September.

After that I try to avoid places that use them because this always happens to me it’s either super delayed or vanished.

———
I’ve also had a item turn up that’s not even mine or has mine address from them once. Just opened up the locker and it looked like he shoved everyone’s in mine. I contacted the locker company inpost and they remotely opened the doors and asked me to put a certain parcel in each door then close it so they can notify the correct person it’s ready for pick-up. Then they gave me a £5 Amazon voucher for being helpful.

4 Likes

It did this to me with an Amazon return. After 5 days Amazon just said it’s lost in transit and still issued the refund. Then I never got the refund and few days later I contacted them again and they said it’s because the tracking isn’t updating so the system won’t allow them to refund so they had to manually issue it.

2 Likes

Mine is an Amazon return. I chose Amazon credit and was refunded next day.

Also, just so you (and others) are aware, you are legally entitled to cancel an order which hasn’t turned up within the specified timeframe, or if there isn’t a specified timeframe, two weeks.

So no one needs to bother Evri if they don’t want to. Your contract is with the merchant. It’s up to them to get your goods to you.

2 Likes

I thought they was something like this but when I questioned it, they’ve just said they can’t cancel it as it’s already on the way but they’ll refund the delivery fee and telling me to be patient but waiting so long is slightly frustrating.

Which? Has some easy to follow guides to your rights under the Consumer Rights Act.

One tip when dealing with large companies and you can’t get any satisfaction from customer service is to make a complaint using the complaints process. A different set of eyes look at your issue and they will likely be more aware of their responsibilities and perhaps have more power to resolve any issues.

3 Likes

I saw someone with a First Direct card in flesh the other day. Made me think of two things.

• How nice the card looks
  • How legacy the bank still is. I wonder if they will ever "catch up’?
2 Likes

As thrilling as the Evri chat is, perhaps we could keep to Barclays chat here, and a mod could strip out to a new thread?

3 Likes

Yup.

@AlanDoe can we create an Evri chat plz?

1 Like

Signed up for Barclaycard rewards card a few days ago. Took a day for the confirmation email to come through. No way of accessing account. Can’t add card to Apple Pay before receiving it in the post.

Very legacy indeed.

5 Likes

Is there any credit cards that has budgeting/spending tracking capabilities integrated in their app?

I know the Natwest app has spend tracking, does anyone know if this work for credit card spend as well?

3 Likes