Baking during lockdown

Those choc chip cookies look devine!

1 Like

That last image, @nicdall, cries out for a paw print…:flushed:

1 Like

Woah! :drooling_face:

Can you post me some cinder toffee please :wink:

1 Like

Todays muffins. Strangely the recipe was for 11, hence there being a 12th small one.

1 Like

Please give me this recipe - they look delicious! Yum! :yum:

1 Like

Not strictly baking, but I’m very excited that my mum is cooking a roast for Sunday lunch and my sister and I are picking some up of her front doorstep for takeaway to eat at our respective houses :rofl:

1 Like

So I tried to make sourdough today - sadly I made a lot of errors in the process, but at least got a new doorstop

Though I found a great use for discarded starter and made waffles much more successfully

3 Likes

I think it’s time to take old yeller out back :grimacing:

3 Likes

I’ve never seen bread so… shiny

My starter failed to rise, so I mixed the part I discarded with egg and mashed banana, and made banana pancakes :yum:

3 Likes

Good decision :grinning:

I totally misread that title as Banking during lockdown, so I’ll just leave you to it… :flushed:

3 Likes

Found some yeast. Fingers crossed for a decent end result.

Didn’t get the second rise I was hoping for. Still tastes reasonable, albeit a bit dense. Will have to have a think about which one thing to do differently next time.

1 Like

Made my first ever banana bread yesterday, which turned out very well. The challenge now is not eating it all at once!

2 Likes

@HoldenCarver super jealous you found yeast! The bread looks great!

I found a recipe online for Millie’s cookies, and damn, they’re good!

2 Likes

I was shocked to find it! There must have been a big delivery in the morning, as the shelf was littered with empty cardboard trays, and two solitary tins of yeast standing there. Would say it was very much my lucky day.

I think I was a bit harsh on the bread in my previous post, ate some more today and it tastes much better than I made it sound :sweat_smile: Must remember to slice the excess and stick it in the freezer.

I think I’ll try making these next, there’s always some spring onions in the fridge here…

1 Like

SUPER jealous of all the baking going on at the moment - I currently don’t have an oven so I’m rather stuck (yeast or no yeast!)

One thing I’d recommend everyone to try is making some croissant. They’re actually super easy (just rather time consuming) and once you nail the basic dough you can use it as a base for sooooo many good things!

1 Like

I’m making flapjack lots of flapjack, got over 8kilo of oats in my cupboard 🤦

4 Likes

Tried making this accelerated route to sourdough last night and baked it today - just to see how it differed from actual sourdough. It uses yoghurt and sour cream to stimulate fermentation. I thought I’d read about it on the Monzo forum, but can’t find it anywhere, so in case I read about it somewhere else, here’s the recipe.

I made the rolls the usual way, and the loaf using a Lekue Mini-Breadmaker, which I’d just had delivered. The bread maker makes things very easy, though if you’re tempted to get one, go for the full-size one, as the mini one is very small.