Bait and switch

This is no longer the case with their new app.

I also agree with most of the comments in this thread, from the get go i was under the impression PP cards were a temp measure for the company to get a feel for how to move to debit cards.

As soon as debit cards were available i signed up as im well onboard with the flexibility a mobile app provides. Their product is leaps ahead of other banks and I welcomed the switch to debit cards.

Their product is geared towards the uk market, its expanding into europe slowly which is great but there was no bait dangle that went on.

And as a customer I can appreciate that everything isnt free, instead of making a change they spoke to the community and compromised on a foreign withdrawl limit which is fair in my opinion. Im sure in the future theyll have capacity for better foreign limits.

Overall their commuication and ease of use sold me.
I lost my halifax card the other week and spent a good 2 hours trying to get a replacement because i had to go into a branch with ID.

Whenever changes happen to my other accounts im waiting for a letter in the post whereas anything related to mondo is readily available through the app.

Were fortunate that they even have a forum.

3 Likes

I sincerely hope not all major changes are communally decided upon. Sometimes the most popular option isn’t objectively the best. I believe it strongly demonstrated Tom Blomfield’s theory that people are emotional about money (ie. wanted something for free and to heck with the actual cost of it in real life use). Even HE didn’t vote for the option that was eventually the winner.

7 Likes

Source, reference? :wink:

If you look at the results of the poll you can see who voted for what. Tom was an early voter for 2%, no free amount.

2 Likes

Maby a bad example, I appreciate some changes would be best kept behind closed doors however the transparency and feeling of choice in some matters makes you feel like your part of the product in a sense.

This may change in the future but monzo feels like a bank that would rather work with their base rather than just alienate it over the opinions of a few.

Being my usual skeptical self. What’s on a public forum and behind closed business doors might not be the same. Did they not say on a bus that brexit would save the NHS 3 or 4 hundred million a week

sets the cat amoung the pigeons

Would you like a tin foil hat with that? :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Always :grinning:

Stupid 20!!

This bus :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The poll is here:

The option was 1% Europe, 2% Rest of World in fact @DaveTMG

No, there was no bus-side promise to ‘save’ the NHS any amount of money. It’s important to get facts correct in these types of discussions.

But let’s steer clear of Brexit can we please?

I did not know this, and don’t think I am alone. I’ve only ever seen CASS when switching bank, I think it is knowledge worth promoting that you don’t have to be closing an account.

Except?

Tough crowd. It was intended to illustrate that you can’t believe everything you see. I agree no chat on that subject.

1 Like

The guarantees aren’t really that relevant if you don’t switch everything, as the old account is still there if need be!

I’ve seen they’re developing this Beta app but as you said it’s a little too late. With the size of the bank and the resources they must have they could have delivered this app ages ago, they’re stuck in the dark ages

Dunno about that - it’s good to know you’re not going to be out of pocket if a d/d goes amiss or something

1 Like

You really shouldn’t be anyway, because the guarantee is about it transferring properly. If you don’t close your old account, then if it doesn’t transfer it will hopefully just come out of the old account.

At no point in time has Monzo depicted itself as a free lunch, being an early user, and now a current account user seeing the transparency of the team running the bank and the clear roadmap, I am in no doubt about Monzo’s ability to transform the banking experience is really important to me! As well as listening to their customer base. Its not a bank for everyone (some people still like legacy banking) but for people like me who want a clear picture of my finances and where I could make better choices it’s invaluable to me :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

That’s awkward, then. They want it to be a bank for a billion people.

3 Likes