BA Avios Prepaid Card

I reckon they will go for whole pounds for each transaction and then add them up.
Avios points get added on quickly.

Avios for money spent get added quickly but the bonus T&Cs make it sound as if they will only award the 1500 points after 90 days of meeting the spend limit, then the 1500 HfP extra come another 30 days after that… for some, if they don’t spend quickly enough, that may well be when the card isn’t free even

Has anyone got their bonus Avios yet?

Me! This has reminded me that I need to cancel too.

Just checked, same for me! Do you know how I cancel?

Via chat apparently. They can keep the 84p in my account.

1 Like

Got mine today :grin:
Still have about a tenner to spend, but that’ll soon go on coffees, etc and then it’ll be cancelled in plenty of time before the monthly fee cuts in.

Right, card closed!

1 Like

There’s an easy 500 Avios to be made by answering a quick survey about this card.

The actual survey link is just a Microsoft form, so for security, and so you don’t think I’m nabbing your details here’s the Head for Points article with the link: Collect 500 Avios for a survey on the BA Prepaid Mastercard

Thanks for the heads up! I have completed it. Great way to absolutely trash this trash product

Speaking of which, I’ve been told my card’s been cancelled yet I can still see it in app and it’s not showing as cancelled. What’s others experience?

1 Like

It’s funny how I’ve found the 5 minutes to fill in a survey for 500 Avios, but not to speak to BA on chat to cancel this card.

I’ve got some time off next week so I’ll do it then.

That takes longer than 5 minutes, trust me. I sat on hold (you need to keep the screen on) for 50 minutes on the train…

So, anyone who cancelled their card after getting the bonus, has it actually disappeared from app?

I’ve been on their awful online chat three times now to be told that my account’s been cancelled and the card will disappear once I uninstall and reinstall the app, but nothing. I keep getting notified to add the card to Apple Pay and to top up as if it’s still active… it’s the worst, most shambolic thing I have ever seen and it puts me off BA as a whole honestly

Just opened the app with the intentions of cancelling the card, and the in app chat seems to have vanished :astonished:
Anyone have any ideas???

1 Like

The option is only there when the chat is actually open. Yes, I know :woman_facepalming:

After a couple of months, I just checked and finally the card has disappeared… never again!

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous.
Thank you for the information :+1:

To nobody’s surprise: https://www.headforpoints.com/2024/02/21/british-airways-prepaid-mastercard-closed/

3 Likes

Only BA could cock a simple prepaid card up this much.

1 Like

:face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Oh, how nice of them not to charge the withdrawal fee temporarily, just for taking your own money out…

2 Likes