Auto tag recurring transactions

Great suggestion. I’d also like it to detect that I put the same tag on on specific merchants so it does it automatically.

Hopefully Monzo will flesh this out in the future!

1 Like

At the moment hashtags dont really add any benefit to me, over just text or an image. I only use them as I hope one day they will expand the functionality.

But the one thing for me that would make them worth while… showing what I have used before, as this is main thing I forget, everything would be nice, but this wouldnt mean I actually get some sort of benefit.

1 Like

Hey all,

There were two threads regarding the same topic so I’ve gone and merged them to keep the chatter in one place :slight_smile:

Sorry for use of user stories and ACs and other confusing acronyms. Habit! They are also not my finest writing. It was early. Going to try and flesh them out a bit more later today!

I know Monzo work in agile methodologies hence why I wrote them as user stories.

2 Likes

I recently learnt all this in uni, found it interesting!

1 Like

The gov guide is really useful for it as it keeps it fairly non technical.

Atlassian support also has more info:

1 Like

Where are you seeing these?

Tags not being automatically applied to recurring payments based on what I’ve tagged the previous payment is one of my biggest annoyances (second to not being able to split transactions into multiple transactions). I would love to see this soon! :+1:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

First post:

Why does it need the title user story on it?

It doesn’t per se it’s just habit around the format I usually write them.

I do feel we are getting slightly off the point of the thread though…

2 Likes

Yes, this! (:+1)

I made the same suggestion a few weeks ago (and funnily enough, used the #coffee example too!) :slight_smile:

@glasgow, sorry to hijack further! :wink:

Kelvin

1 Like

Totally agree on the custom #tag. Had great success whist on holiday but a few bugs and issues similar to the above. Trying to remember the format - was it #Meal; #meal or #meals. Keep having to go back to a previous transaction to check.

Also longer names seemed to hit a bug (reported via chat) #Santorini - occasionally worked, but mostly did not. The same with #Megalochori. Could be the tag length or the letter i at the end of the word.

Both were awkward to resolve at the time - lots of backwards and forwards checking and re-checking

Hoping that an update will resolve

1 Like

Any update on this folks? I wondered if there was an ifttt trigger available.

I’m trying to tag fuel purchases as they seem to alternate between transport and groceries categories if it’s at a supermarket filling station. Tags would probably make more sense.

I have noticed the transaction data normally contains PFS (Petrol Filling Station) or Petrol Station generally. So this could be used as a trigger?

I think the ability to add notes to Direct Debits and Standing Orders from the Scheduled Payments section in the Payments tab would be a better implementation than just adding tags. Notes added in the Scheduled Payments section would then be added automatically to the associated transactions in the Home feed when the scheduled payment goes out.

I guess including the ability to add notes to Faster Payments transfers would have to be implemented first on iOS though.

NB: these notes would be separate to the reference sent out for Standing Orders.

1 Like

This is what I mean. Some kind of a note do describe payment, so I know what is that. Then that note is copied to all already existing payments and all future ones.

1 Like

I love being able to add hashtags to transactions. Would be great to be able to set a hastag against Direct Debits so that each transaction taken against a particular DD authority would be automatically tagged.

Similarly, when making a payment to someone else, I’d like to be able to tag it at the time, rather than having to go back into the completed transaction to add the tag later.

I raised this last year. Sadly not a hint of it being implemented or Monzo interested in doing it :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. Seems an obvious and relatively simple one to me!

If anyone is keen on it (I certainly am) do hit the vote button up top!