Atom Bank Feedback

Atom now raised their rates to 1.9%

4 Likes
2 Likes

This sounds great. I hope this trend continues. I wonder what they did for existing part timers, paid them a day more a week?

Atom’s instant saver is now 2.55%

Tandem have gone the same.

Both just edging Marcus :grin:

1 Like

What are Marcus rates

New 3.95% rate if locked away for 9 months.

1 Like

2.50%, with 12-months bonus

That’s a tempting little number :thinking:

Atom bank have become the first UK bank to sign the UNFCCC climate neutral now initiative and commit to becoming carbon positive by 2035.

Some deets here:

They’re leading the way here, not just for banks, but businesses as a whole. Hope the rest of society will follow their lead.

2 Likes

Their rates are good but their customer service by way of the in-app chat is appalling. There are no push notification so you have to stay alert for a reply otherwise the chat you’ve sent just disappears. They are polite but they don’t answer questions only the question they want to answer. Their app is very amateurish IMO. However, if you don’t need any assistance then you can’t fault their rate offerings.

1 Like

The feature that’s been coming soon for half a decade is finally coming soon!

2 Likes

Honestly embarrassing it has taken them so long. But at least they are finally doing it. It was one of the reasons I left Atom.

5 Likes

But they still want to use their proprietary stuff for in app authentication by the look of that email. :pensive::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yep, this was actually my idea on the kitchen! Have on device biometrics on the front end for 2fa sign on, with their biometrics as a third factor when needed, so I’ve known for a while this is the direction they were going to go in from the discourse I’ve had with their engineers and designers.

On device biometrics in the context of third party services really only fulfil the something you have model, and something you know by nature of their implementation and how they can be bypassed by a threat actor.

Banks really ought to have three factor authentication as part of their threat model (two for logging in and a third for executing certain actions), which is what retaining their proprietary concept does, since they can’t be overridden by something you know. Most other banks would just use a pin or a password for this factor (making it 2fa but 3 step). It’s only really the third that has any tangible impact on usability, and even then it’s minimal enough to not matter, especially with how infrequent it’s needed and the importance of the protections it safeguards.

Worst savings account I’ve ever had, they can jog on

Are they the new sponsor of The Traitors or something? :joy:

What did they do to you?

2 Likes

:exploding_head::exploding_head: bloody traitors :sweat_smile:

No tbf the one thing that annoyed me the most is, I wanted to close my account. So I messaged them to do this, can only close it down if I ring them up.

So that annoyed me and I’ve not liked them ever since :sweat_smile: it’s minor annoyance really though.

1 Like

Atom’s instant saver is 2.95% starting today. Up from 2.5%.

Tandem have gone 3.05% including a Marcus type 0.2% bonus.

1 Like