Atom Bank Feedback

We tried to remortgage with Atom recently and I have to say it was a pretty terrible experience. They gave us an offer in principle through our Broker, we accepted it, had to get the app on our phones, fill everything out. They took months to decide what if we could have an actual offer at all. In that time they scheduled and cancelled 4 property valuations before they finally made us an offer which was 60k under the principle and what we needed. The offer was also made without the mystery valuation. They would also never speak to us directly which was incredibly annoying, so every time they cancelled a valuation on the day, I could never find out why because they always said I had to speak to my broker but they were taking about 12 hours to update the broker. Thankfully Halifax were more than accommodating and made remortgaging our current deal with them ridiculously easy but Atoms time wasting left us having to accept a rate elsewhere 1.5% higher than it was at the time of first application.

3 Likes

Atom now raised their rates to 1.9%

3 Likes