This will be my first contribution to the forum
I wanted to check what are people thoughts about an ‘electronic card’?
There are mainly three features that such a card has.
1 - Dynamic CVC - makes online transaction safer. The CVC number changes every hour and can only be shown after inputting the pin onto the card.
2 - Small display which can be used for:
a - showing card balance
b - two step-verification
1 - YES! Having a changeable CVC code is surely good for online (and via phone) translation security. However instead of having to input your PIN to see the CVC I would prefer the simpler version which requires only to press the on button. Surely it’s enough security to have a CVC changing hourly.
2 - NO! don’t see the sense of a display.
- It can only display a few digits
- There are issues with showing correct balance (especially during paypass transactions)
- It’s ugly and we all love the simple design
- balance can be easily accessible from the phone
- 2-step verification (Barclay’s style phone app) could also be introduced to the app
Finally, Mondo will hopefully introduce ApplePay and other e-wallets integration. Moreover such card are surly more expensive than normal cards.
What is the community and Mondo’s opinion on that?
Sources and more info: