Are you a content creator looking to get paid from your work?

Interested in trialling this :raising_hand_man:t4:

Un-scientific poll: What platform would you use the banner on?

We want to make the first version useful for as many of you as possible, if you’re interested, could you reply with the number that corresponds to where you might share this banner - thanks!

• Wordpress
  • Medium
  • Blogger
  • YouTube
  • Instagram
  • Tumblr
  • Reddit
  • Other

0 voters

4 Likes

Twitter or my own website.

I love this idea! Count me in!

Yes, i’d deffo participate, do email me!!

Own website. Why is this even a question?

Technology wise it should not make any difference. That is why, I think, many have put ‘other’ in the poll. At the end of the day, it’s all HTML - of sorts!

1 Like

Interesting idea, I’d be interested. Is this different to hyperlinking to the monzo.me page?

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. We’ve put together a first version. At the moment it’s HTML that you can stick in your website/blog etc. It’ll redirect to your monzo.me page. Down the line if we get positive feedback and it seems like people want to use the feature then we’ll probably improve the widget and the monzo.me page.

You can see the source here: https://codepen.io/anon/pen/MLXVMj

If you want to give it a try you can customise the text/image and monzo.me url and stick it on your page. DM me if you have any issues personalising it and I’ll lend a hand :blush:

5 Likes

Twitch.TV

Would it be possible for us to get some kind of small private API to go alongside this? Most people who livestream on platforms like Twitch.TV tend to display donation alerts on screen as it helps to drive more donations, an API would allow plugin developers to integrate monzo donations into alert plugins.

Oh it’s just a monzo.me link. Well ok then…

We will be working on adding new and exciting stuff to this over the coming weeks including personalisation and settings you can adjust. We would love your feedback as this is just the first step to something that works for everyone.

2 Likes

Is monthly donations, like a Patreon type deal, something that would be considered, or is the intention just for one-offs?

Definitely something we will be looking into.

2 Likes

Yes please! How do i use this?

Spotted this after somebody sent me a DM :hot_coral_heart:

Just added it to my blog along with a nice little post about it :blush:

Nice work on the very awesome bit of HTML, shame that <button> tags don’t work on the free tier of WordPress blogs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: but that was easy enough to work around - if a little ugly :see_no_evil:

Can’t wait to see this idea expand and pick-up steam! :tada:

Edit: Fix the link :sweat_smile: Oops

1 Like

Did you set the default amount or was that automatic? I just edited it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

All I did was edit the Monzo.me link to join up to my account :smiley: I left the default amount & text from the HTML that @edstell shared a few posts up :grin:

onclick=" window.open('https://monzo.me/marcusnailor/2.50?d=Here%E2%80%99s%20a%20coffee%20on%20me%20%E2%98%95%EF%B8%8F&utm_source=widget&utm_medium=widget&utm_campaign=donate-with-monzo','_blank')"

As I don’t drink coffee, I will edit it for future posts :laughing:

2 Likes

I would love to trial this. I earn my living mostly from Patreon and donations.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.