Apple Watch Series 7

thanks. I just don’t really care for the new features but didn’t really want to get a watch that wasn’t decent but by the sounds of it I will be just fine with the SE

1 Like

Functionality-wise, you’ll just be missing always on, ECG and SpO2 (blood oxygen level). If they’re not that important then you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I’ve had my watch about 6 months now, since it arrived in early November (not quite launch day) and I have to say I love the Midnight colour. It’s just a bit more interesting than Space Grey, but still plain enough to go well with lots of different colours. I have also found the display amazing, with even “wrist down” always on mode very clear all the time and I love how there is really almost no bezel at all.

Personally, having experienced a Series 7 I wouldn’t recommend the SE at this stage as it’s got an older chip and is likely to be replaced by a new SE this autumn. Therefore, it won’t overall last as long as the Series 7 so if you can afford to get a 7 now it may be better value for money in the long run. If anyone is still thinking about whether to get an SE or Series 7 I would try to find a good deal on a Series 7 definitely.

How is everyone else’s watch a few months on?

1 Like

Have to lol at you warning people off the SE when the Series 3 is still for sale.

I’d wager that SE buyers are more likely to be spending a bit more over a Series 3 than spending a bit less instead of a Series 7.

2 Likes

True, but buying a Series 3 is a major mistake at this point!

I’m disappointed in Apple for even continuing to sell the Series 3.

1 Like

I have an SE for about 18 months now, does all I need it to do, series 7 is too large i think, and my mechanical watch is 44mm but series 7 looks massive.

It’s only 1mm bigger than your watch, it just looks much bigger because of how they‘ve dramatically shrunk the bezel.

If you want it to be smaller on your wrist, you can always go down a size from the 45mm (which is the natural replacement for your 44mm) to the 41mm instead (which replaces the smaller 40mm size).

For what it’s worth, going from a 44mm Series 4 to a 45mm Series 7 is absolutely unnoticeable to me on the wrist.

Ah must be the bezel because I generally like a bigger watch. Will keep in mind if I ever upgrade my SE