Apple Watch App

I read texts ad E-Mails on it and I also reply via text now that scribble is on there, I keep an eye on my heart rate (dunno why) but other than that it is just a toy.

1 Like

I like the idea of Apple Watch, but in practice, I’m not moved enough to get one. I don’t quite understand their usefulness yet.

3 Likes

Not to hijack this thread too much, but the Apple Watch is easily the best fitness tracker on the market. Wasn’t easy switching from being a 3+ year Fitbit user but I do love it. Not to mention that it’s a stylish watch.

1 Like

Would be good to see an Apple Watch app to Monzo

3 Likes

What would you want it to do?

A post was split to a new topic: Samsung Gear App

I’d settle for using Rich Notifications to do this but the main thing I want to do is change the category of the transaction without opening the app.

Balance at a glance would be good as well as recent transactions.

6 Likes

I’d prefer an iPad app over an Apple Watch app (Apple Watch owner).

It would look very very basic atm mind… What more could be on it than is already?

I don’t need anything more - I just want to access my Monzo account on more devices than just my one phone. To be able to just do all the things I can already do on the phone, but on my iPad lounging on my sofa with a bigger screen, would be ideal.

Barclays and other traditional banks have this, so shouldn’t be a huge stretch for a tech-focused bank like Monzo.

6 Likes

+1 for this feature

Balance at a glance is all I’d require

I built a prototype of a :monzo: Watch app, just a read only app displaying your balance and spent today + scrollable list of transactions (just like the phone app). Would anyone be interested?

12 Likes

Yeah I am. Would be great to see.

Yes Yes :heart_eyes:

The main blocker at the moment is the lack of API access; you people would need to bribe the Monzo folks and get them to issue me a client ID & secret that can work with any account (unlike personal ones which only work for your own account).

Another option would be for my company to become an AISP but not sure whether it makes sense from a business perspective considering the app itself will be forever free.

What do I need to ask Monzo? I’m up for this

1 Like

Is having people enter their own personal ID an option? Also, I thought Monzo were making an API live soon anyway?

I’d really like to be able to check my balance, and possibly move money between pots. The +/- interface feels like it would work well on the Watch screen.

I’m constantly checking before I go and buy lunch or groceries because I keep most of my money in pots until I need it.

I’d love to check my balance on my Samsung Gear watch too!

Start a thread about it then :wink:

2 Likes