Apple TV+

Someone on Discord said that too! :joy:

There’s definitely a sense of that when they’re in the planes and all have theirs masks and helmets on.

What makes it harder is the characters all seem
to have real names and nicknames, and they seem to get used interchangeably. Sometimes first name, sometimes sir name, sometimes nickname. Very hard to keep up.

I was starting to wonder if it was just an episodic mission of the week style show, because that’s how it was feeling going into episode 3.

:eyes:

1 Like

Only in the US apparently

1 Like

Sounds about right for Apple.

1 Like

Missed that :sob:

Damn film licensing

The Completely Made Up Adventures of Dick Turpin.

It’s a yes from me!

1 Like

Watched the first two episodes. I’m sold.

2 Likes

Just watched the first episode, and not entirely sure how I feel about it yet. It’s not what I was expecting from the trailer.

Curious what you were expecting based on the trailer?

Noel Fielding is an acquired taste, i happen to like his humour. He is now popular in America because of great British bake off. The same with Greg Davies and taskmaster.

I envisage this being Apple’s next Ted Lasso.

1 Like

a bit less humour and more actual action/adventure. All campy comedy all the time doesn’t really work for me, particularly when it’s as British as this is. Needs a bit more balance for me.

1 Like

2 episodes into Constellation and I feel like I don’t know wtf is going on.

2 Likes

I’ve not watched any of it yet, but from the trailer I assumed the whole show was meant to be ‘wtf is going on?’

1 Like

Just finished Masters of The Air. Holy frick what an amazing show. What an important piece of historical drama, reminding us of some of the awful events that happened in WW2.

I want to watch it again.

5 Likes

They’ve also released a documentary about the real guys featured in the show - narrated by Tom Hanks

2 Likes

OK, you’ve convinced me. Just finished Criminal Record, so Masters of the Air it is!

2 Likes

How was criminal record? I watched the first three and enjoyed them but haven’t had time to finish it off, is it worth finishing?

I felt that it slowed down in the middle episodes a bit but the last two were pretty good. Overall I’d give it 7/10.

2 Likes

The trailer for the documentary plays as the finale ends so it’s in my “up next”.

Tom Hanks also narrated (and produced?) From The Earth To The Moon which was brilliant.

1 Like

Ok the documentary wasn’t as good as the actual show. Lots of vague assumptions given as fact and the annoying American habit of referring to England when they mean Britain. Lots of “we saved the world” vibes.

(The pilots/service personnel they spoke to were brilliant and fascinating, but the narration was awful).

2 Likes