Quite underwhelmed by the series 6 tbh.
A shame the SE didn’t come in below 250.
Apple One is good value though. Will save me £6 a month.
Craig cameos are brilliant!
iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 drop tomorrow. As does watchOS 7 and tvOS 14.
That’s not bad. Which subscriptions is that based on?
This was quite underwhelming. No Apple TV, no one more thing
The watch is good but I don’t think I’m the target audience as I wouldn’t spend £4-500 on a watch anymore
Similarly, Apple One isn’t really for me as I don’t like Arcade or News
I’m curious to see what they translate the prices into for the subscriptions.
I already pay for Apple Music (£9.99) and iCloud (79p, this really annoys me, but meh) so even if it’s straight from $ to £, I’ll gain Arcade and TV for £4.20. I can deal with that.
Fitness+ looks great too. Especially when it gets colder and I don’t want to run!
£14.95 here. Might as well!
I use an AppleTV every day but AppleTV has always been the poor relation in the Apple ecosystem. It’s there because Apple need to have some input in that sector but it has never been properly expanded on since the original launch.
Impressed with the event overall. Will be getting the new iPad Air. The subscription bundle is cheaper than I was expecting too, and the fitness service looks really good.
I’ve already ordered a new braided solo loop band. Also, considering the iPad Air as a device for using around the house & taking on holidays etc.
Fitness plus looks great too.
iPad Air looks good but with how much I use my iPad I might go with the cheaper one when I need to upgrade
Also depends on how long my keyboard lasts
Apple Watch SE:
- 40 mm:
- sport, sport loop & solo loop: £269
- Milanese loop, leather link & Braided loop: £319
- modern buckle: £369
- steel link: £569 (Space black £669)
- 44 mm:
- sport, sport loop & solo loop: £299
- Milanese loop, leather link & Braided loop: £349
- steel link: £599 (Space black £699)
Apple Watch SE Nike:
* 40 mm: £269
* 44 mm: £299
Apple Watch Series 6:
40 mm aluminium:
- sport, sport loop & solo loop: £379
- Milanese loop, leather link & Braided loop: £429
- modern buckle: £479
- steel link: £679 (space black: £779)
40 mm Nike: £379
40 mm stainless steel:
- sport, sport loop & solo loop: £649
- Milanese loop, leather link & braided loop: £699
- modern buckle: £749
- steel link: £949 (space black: £1049)
40 mm titanium:
- sport, sport loop & solo loop: £749
- Milanese loop, leather link & Braided loop: £799
- modern buckle: £849
- steel link: £1049 (space black: £1149)
- single tour: £1199
- double tour: £1349
44 mm aluminium:
- sport, sport loop & solo loop: £409
- leather, Milanese loop & Braided loop: £459
- steel link: £709 (space black £709)
44 mm Nike: £409
44 mm stainless steel:
- sport, sport loop & solo loop: £699
- leather, Milanese loop & Braided loop: £749
- steel link: £999 (space black £1099)
44 mm titanium:
- sport, sport loop & solo loop: £799
- leather, Milanese loop & Braided loop: £849
- steel link: £1099 (space black £1199)
44 mm Hermes:
- single tour: £1249
- single tour deployment buckle: £1449
- 32GB: £329 (£459 cellular)
- 128GB: £429 (£559 cellular)
iPad Air (available in October):
- 64GB: £579 (£709 cellular)
- 256GB: £729 (£859 cellular)
Apple One (Coming later this year):
- Individual: £14.49 (Save £5.80)
- Family: £19.95 (Save £7.50
- Premier: £29.95 (Save £22)
Apple Fitness+: £9.99 (£79.99 annually)
I’ll be interested in your thoughts on the strap. I really like them but not at £99!
I have the Milanese loop at the moment, and it’s great, but being metal it’s a bit uncomfortable for sleeping & exercise. So we’ll see how it is. I really like the casual-ness of the braided loop. WIll post back next week if I remember
I think I’ll get a Watch S6. The only question is what colour to go for. The Gold with the Sand sport loop looks good but unsure if I’d like a gold or other coloured Watch
I had silver, but in the end I wasn’t a big fan either… too many choices, Apple!
Gotta be that Graphite stainless steel! Looks lovely
As lovely as it looks, no way am I spending that much on a watch! The base price is more than enough for me I think
Edit: just ordered a 40mm gold. Slightly too late, delivery slipped to late next week/early week after
I’d go graphite personally
Edit - I didn’t realise graphite was more. In that case space grey or whatever they’re calling it now.
I really enjoyed News+. I subscribed for 6 or so months after it came out, but with the new lack of commuting I ended up cancelling it earlier this year.
Looking forward to getting it back as part of Premier.
£369 isn’t quite £400
I had a S1 and didn’t realise how good it was until I sold it last December. I have been really missing it since
Also, I swear S5 was £399 or similar as last year Apple seemed to think that the dollar was stronger than the pound and priced everything £20-30 above US prices
If I could get a decent set of overhead ones at a reasonable price, I would get them. I’ve never worked well with the in-ear style, with them always falling out. I really don’t know how the AirPods actually stay in people’s ears and people don’t loose them. Maybe I’ve just been unlucky with the in-ear designs I’ve used, or I’ve got wonky ears.