✅ [iOS] App Slowdown & Lag

There’s at least a 2-3 second delay when switching from Home > Summary > Account etc for me

3 Likes

I understand that - the reason I’m asking is to try and narrow down what is happening.

1 Like

Mine seems speedy, Only thing I have noticed is the screen goes black between the touch ID stage and the feed appearing. I thought the app crashed at first.

2 Likes

Sorry, can’t be the test subject for this one!

No worries :slight_smile:

To all those having trouble: the iOS team were aware of some limited issues but I’ve noted down all your concerns and they’ll be taking a look soon :+1:

Sorry about the lag :frowning:

6 Likes

Reset session as mentioned above seems to fix general opening/closing lag in iOS 12 beta, but still some of the animations/app interactions are a little painful, couple of examples:

• Scrolling through the list at reasonable speed, first scroll initation is quite slow
  • Loading Summary tab takes a few seconds
  • Swiping through pots for the first time is slow
  • Loading indivdual transactions feels slow

This is all instinctively is “feels slow”, “sluggish” type of behaviours - really hard to quantify, but goes against the dynamics of iOS native animations and app feel IMHO.

4 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removed Posts - 14/8/18

I deleted and reinstalled but now I’m stuck on login loop, the magic link email isn’t doing the trick anymore.

I’m having the same issue on the latest iOS 11 update, deleted the cache in settings and uninstalled the app.

I’m at Finsbury Circus if you want me to come round and show you :laughing:

I had the same. I had to copy the link into safari instead of Firefox

Also having the same issue. Touch ID > black screen for 2secs > slow loading feed

Also noticed that my ‘spent today’ is £0 even though I have spent money. Reported in app and being investigated. Anyone else having this?

1 Like

This didn’t work on safari or in built app browser.

It seems like this issue happens for me while the feed updates, which is every time you navigate back to the main feed.

1 Like

Yes, I get this for several seconds before my app loads properly. Lots of lag on my app in general.
I’m on iOS 12 beta.

This is exactly the same I get. iOS 12, monzo test flight too.

First load is very slow.
Clicking a feed item always lags and can never swipe back smoothly
Pots take a while to speed up

App also seems to forget itself even though not fully reopened which makes me think it’s a memory hog in the background and Apple are automatically stoping if for memory management?

Is anyone else experiencing poor performance with their Monzo App on IOS after recent updates?
Mine is very slow to switch ‘tabs’ and scrolling is very jittery! I’ve re-installed the app which didn’t make no difference.

1 Like

No issues here in iPhone x

Hi @TomoJSnapey

I’ve moved your post here to join the ongoing discussion regarding this,
Hope you don’t mind.

2 Likes

How long have you been using Monzo for?
I’ve had mine for over 2 years and I use on the daily basis so I have a lot of transaction history to load in the app home page. I’m wondering if its this causing the slowness.

Did deleting the cache help with performance?