✅ [iOS] App Slowdown & Lag

I’ve started getting the black load screen here since the 2.10 update yesterday :confused:

3 Likes

Not updated to 2.10 yet but seems like it’ll just make things worse!

I’ve been looking into this and I’m really not sure what’s going on :frowning:

I’m assuming this is all iOS 12? If so, what devices are y’all running? Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? How about a full system reset?

iOS 12 is a preview so this may be fixed by an Apple update

I’ve been noticing this recently too - very laggy opening and switching between tabs. I’m on iOS 12 (dev beta) so it might just be that. I think it’s just been in the past two weeks.

Yeah it could be iOS 12. If I’m honest I noticed the slow down more since Joint accounts so its difficult to tell right now if either of these are the root cause :confused:

No, iOS 11

3 Likes

Could you try deleting and reinstalling the app please?

No difference

Short of trying a factory reset here I’m not sure what to suggest :confused:

Hi lovely people!

Super impressed with the speed in which new features are coming to the app but not too dissimilar to iOS, this heavily feature focussed development has resulted in some nasty slow-downs and bugs.

I mean I don’t know if this is just me or not but the app often becomes really laggy for me on the iPhone X sometimes taking between 3-8 seconds to register a tap, Scrolling is jarring and the bugs that do exist makes for a less than premium feeling app.

I wanted to suggest that once you’ve got your next feature out whatever it may be that you guys optimise the app to within an inch of its life and improve performance as much as possible for those with slower (or even newer) devices that have these speed bumps and glitches

I appreciate you guys have a list of new features that you wanna get out but I thought i’d mention this now before the problem gets unbearable and starts becoming an issue for newer users etc.

Things like on the feed, electing not to load the feed items past X months and then as you approach these, paginate load them from the server, or disable the pulse graph which seems to be something that can bug out and cause lag.

Hope this makes sense and you’ll consider this!

Love you guys!

3 Likes

Hi @runlock I’ve moved your post over here for a very specific reason because I think you’re having the same issues as many of us are talking about in this thread right now.

Are you able to confirm what version of iOS you’re using?

Hi @glasgow Yeah no problem at all :slight_smile: I’m using 11.4.1 (15G77) - If it helps at all I can always attach a screen recording of the issues I face?

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? :slight_smile:

Yep, even resetting the session does nothing for me sadly :frowning:

Would you be willing to reset your phone to factory defaults?

I could do but I’d prefer to do this as a last resort obviously as it’s a bit of a hassle. It’s only Monzo that I have the sluggish response times with if that makes sense? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve also got a very laggy app. Only with Monzo. I am on iOS 12 so was waiting it out, although this appears to be a non iOS issue.

I am on Monzo beta too if that narrows it down further…

Sorry @HughWells. This is the only app that’s laggy as hell, the rest are fine. Not going to do a factory reset for one bad actor. I think Monzo need to start looking at the performance of the app, I’m not the only person reporting it. Halifax app actually feels rapid in comparison now.

5 Likes

Loading the app, i.e click and wait for it to open to transactions is super slow. I’m on iOS 11

3 Likes

Been horrific for me this last week. I’ve reinstalled but no different. Even Barclays is faster :exploding_head:

iOS 11

7 Likes