App Evolution (new look Monzo app): Feedback Megathread šŸ“£

As someone who really hates this approach to software design, mostly because it results in what Iā€™m about to plea with you not to do: Please donā€™t be thoughtless with the default. The default is what Iā€™ll use, and if itā€™s rubbish itā€™ll be the straw that pushes me to go full Chase. I donā€™t wanna have to deal with annoying customisations to achieve usability.

Itā€™s my crux with Revolut and android. Theyā€™re highly customisable, but crap out of the box and infuriating to use because of it.

1 Like

Iā€™m almost certain my account details used to be here, am I going mad?

(:sunshine: as :disco: became too much, surprisingly makes a difference when viewing the app and with my Bellroy :upside_down_face:)

1 Like

Not going mad, mine show thereā€¦

3 Likes

Finally youā€™ve seen sense!

But didnā€™t you have Yello first, then went to pink? If so, how did you manage to go back?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not took close looks at the detail around the monzo bit :upside_down_face:

The pink is nice, but become to see itā€™s far too bold for a plain Jane like me :rofl:

I also couldnā€™t match it with anything, which would annoy me.

Iā€™d never go :juicy: though.

I need the answer to this! :laughing:

Iā€™ll fetch the old one out this week and see if the detail has improved.

1 Like

This is absolutely fundamental for me. Please fix this.

That said, the rest is looking like a huge improvement. Looking forward to this coming to Labs.

3 Likes

@dylanslewis not sure if this has come through via Monzo chat (in-app) but Iā€™ve been experiencing issues with bill splits whenever I turn the overview screen on. It has just happened again:

I raised this last week but still waiting for a response and wanted to check that your team are aware of it.

1 Like

Without wanting to take this further off-topic Iā€™m interested in two things (for my own sanity):

1. What detail are you talking about? What would have improved?

2. You had a :sunshine: card, then replaced it with :disco:. Now you seem to be back on :sunshine: despite everyone only being eligible for one neon replacement card. How? Youā€™ve skirted around this question twice. Of course no obligation to answer but itā€™s intriguing :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Iā€™m intuiting that the answer is schenanigans

I have answered the same question twice with the same answer?

The fade on the orange monzo wording was shite on the original (monzo accepted way back when that there were quality issues) which isnā€™t as noticeable on the second one I got, just not activated until recently.

Does that satisfy your question for a third time? :pray:t3:

In terms of ordering another. Iā€™m not sure how or why but it worked. I thought you meant from a mental point of view not a process point of view. My bad.

9 Likes

grand-entrance-walking

Shenanigans coming through.

I think a drawer handle style thing at the top to imply you can pull down would help. I like the gesture but I know exactly what you mean about hidden gestures across everything, its sadly not an apple only problem.

Yeah, I do love to tweak but not rewrite everything to the nth degree.
I would like a flow with say 3 presets of show lots, show a bit and more minimal that use user would use as a base layout with an explanation that they can customise further.
I know people who love minimal and I know people who love more and rather than having the default being neither or worse for each just have the ability for setting your initial preset with the knowledge it could go further.
I actually know a few who had no idea you could hide pots and they had a wad and found it annoying having to go past them all as it were so exposing that information in a intro flow would be a good way to highlight existing stuff people may have missed.

7 Likes

Assume you mean the other way round cause my Monzo app was in light mode, phone was in dark

3 Likes

I think they are asking how youā€™ve managed to go back to using a different coloured card without ordering a new one.

How did you get a yellow and then a pink and then a yellow.

Just through the app. It was months ago, but I think cuz another card was waiting activation (green maybe) it let me choose another neon so went yellow.

2 Likes

I hope itā€™s not.

I love the ability to glance whatā€™s upcoming, perhaps a toggle for those who donā€™t want to see pending transactions here.

8 Likes

Fair enough! Or perhaps two sections latest transactions and upcoming transactions would be the answer here.

2 Likes