App Evolution (new look Monzo app): Feedback Megathread 📣

This is fantastic on multiple levels! Firstly, it’s a thoughtful rethinking of Monzo as it is in 2022, not as it was in 2016. Brilliant. I know you’re still working on improvements but this is immediately better and seems like a great foundation to build on. Secondly, it’s great to see the use of Labs and community involvement. Really loving this. (And appreciate it’s happened with the Mortgage feature too!)

My initial thought is that this overview reduces a lot of friction and makes it quicker to find the information I want or jump to what I need to do (transfer, view transaction detail, etc) without jumping about between accounts and lots of taps. Two things that I’d like to see:

• Ability to reorder sections (I realise this is already planned).

• Ability to specify a longer transaction feed. Opening straight to the transaction feed is one of the things I love about Monzo, as most of the time that’s what I want to see without having to tap around. So in my ideal I’d put the list of transactions at the top with 6–8 transactions showing.

• Bonus: would be great to be able to have multiple feed widgets, being able to specify which accounts are included separately for each one.

Other than that I’m looking forward to leaving the Overview on and seeing what it’s like to live with day-to-day. Thanks for everyone’s great work!

8 Likes