AO damaged my floor

Has anyone dealt with ao as they have damaged my floor and wonder if anyone as dealt with this regarding this

No I’ve not but first things first is complain to the company. Were they doing an installation? The company have a responsibility to ensure they acted with reasonable care and skill so I’m sure if you contact them you’ll get it resolved.

from their delivery Terms and conditions

Where we are installing products in your property, we will make good any damage to your property caused by us in the course of installation or performance. However, we shall not be responsible for the cost of repairing any pre-existing faults or damage to your property that we discover in the course of installation and/or performance by us.

So contact them with photos of the damage

What damage was it anyway?

2 Likes

Yeah happened to me. After some back and fourth they gave me money as they couldn’t repair it

Xthey have damaged the Lyno by tilting the fridge freezer on it so the mental underneath the fridge has ripped it and marked it

Here the photos

I personally wouldn’t bother making a fuss about this. The damage isn’t severe enough.

That being said, I’m sure if it did bother you AO would provide some kind of compensation.

4 Likes

Moping the floor will make the cracks expand over time,

Doesn’t look like too big of a job to fix up so that it shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

There no way it can be fixed its Lyno so it will all have to be replaced

It’s not wooden floor

1 Like

I had a similar incident with Currys who caused quite a lot of damage putting a washing machine in my kitchen. I complained and had to go through quite a few processes (including an independent assessor coming to evaluate the damage) but managed to get just short of £3000 compensation from them to repair the damage… It took the best part of six months but its worth fighting for as the second the accept any sort of responsibility, you’ve got the upper hand!

1 Like

Some people on here said its not worth it but I ain’t got money to get it sorted and why should I have to pay when they damaged it

1 Like

Here’s my process for claiming against a company

1. Get quotes for the repairs
  2. Send the quotes to AO stating that their negligence has caused the damage
  3. If you aren’t satisfied with the reply, ask them to reconsider
  4. If still not satisfied, send a letter before action
  5. If still not satisfied use Money Claim On Line (MCOL) to register a claim

This will all take time and effort, but, up to stage 5 is free.

It possible that the whole floor covering will need to be replaced, but you’ll find out at Stage 1.

You will need to decide for yourself whether it’s all worth it, bearing in mind how much upheaval replacing the lino will cause.

Also, if you get to MCOL, you will need to prove on the balance of probabilities that AO are at fault. As with all legal action, there’s no guarantee of success.

It’s not really a big issue though. It’s just a few marks in your lino. It’s not damage you need to be repaired. It’s not causing any further damage. Plus, it’s lino so it might disappear in a few days.

If it’s really annoying you then just get in touch with AO and have them sort it out.

2 Likes

It ain’t gonna disappear as its right in the Lyno and it shouldn’t of be cause if they had done the job as it should have been done

Isn’t lino spongy? So it should take back its original shape with if you work out the crease with a bit of heat applied?

(possibly stupid question sorry :sweat_smile:)

Not stupid. Some dents should fix themselves after some time so long as they’re isn’t more pressure on it. Alternatively you can try heat, and work it out, though you just need to be careful with that.

If it’s a hole or tear that’s a different problem.

1 Like

How much is it to have typical kitchen lino replaced? £100? £200? I’ve never had it done and clueless on the cost of lino and fitting. I’m just thinking about how many hours of your own time you need to put in to getting this resolved

The Lino is in my hallway and it has torn it

Did they cause the damage to your skirting board as well? It looks out of alignment and badly scuffed.