Anything iOS, WatchOS and MacOS Beta chat

(Adam) #21

WatchOS 3 b1 was rather good. Didn’t have any issues at all. Then b2 came out and it would constantly freeze, restart, display default watch faces which I removed etc.
b3 is still more buggy than b1 IMO as I’ve had the default watch faces appear again :frowning: however it is smoother than b2.

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #22

I have had the watch faces change on me when I had dev b2, I deleted them all now and it’s been ok.

I’m finding b3 the most stable. At least the date on my watch face updates now without me having to manually fix it. b3 also fixed the issue with my watch faces resetting and synced them back to how I had them set in app.

I had an issue in b2 with fitness app crashing during workouts which seems to have gone away fingers crossed I nearly cried when I lost the data from a 2 hour workout! :cry:

One thing I have noticed that doesn’t function in b3 is time travel. Not something I ever used, was more annoying than anything tbh! EDIT: It was off in settings, don’t remember ever doing that! :laughing:

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #24

Just checked and Time Travel does not work for me

Unlocking MacBook is amazing, slow but amazing!

(Mat Morris) #25

Its been disabled by default in the new beta, just switch back on from your Watch app on your phone.

Watch > Clock > Time Travel

(Adam) #26

mine keeps doing it even after a complete wipe and restore :frowning:

(Rika Raybould) #27

Put it in to power saving mode and pull it out immediately when that happens, seems to force a reload and resync of the watch faces. Long term, Radars have been filed and I’m hoping for a fix in the next release.

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #28

What is Time Travel actually for?

Not gonna lie I don’t know anything about the watch really, I just bought it coz I wanted it lol

(Rika Raybould) #29

Time Travel is good if you have something like a Calendar or Weather complication on the Watch, it’s useful to skip ahead a little to find out what’s coming up. I haven’t found a good reason to go backwards yet.

Blaming you guys for jinxing me! My Apple Watch was totally working perfect, went to start a workout and my watch would just not stop crashing :sob::sob:

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #31

iOS 10 Dev B4
macOS Sierra Dev B4
watchOS 3 Dev B4

Are all out now guys

(Adam) #32

updated yesterday and everything seems to just work now :slight_smile:

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #33

On iOS when you type do you have keyboard clicks even though they are turned off?

(Adam) #34

the A-Z is silent but the ‘other’ keys makes a sound

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #35

Yeah same here, so annoying!!!

Space click delete click space space click click

:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

Emojis have all changed too

Not too keen on the new emojis I must admit. The three tone keyboard is kinda annoying now too, when it was the same tone I quite liked it but now it is really annoying me! The new lock sound, whilst introduced in the previous beta… I hate. It just sounds broken to me!

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #37

I think they just put things in to annoy them on the GM although the emojis will be staying.

I do like the additional control centre for HomeKit though shame it’s not in the widgets bit.

(Adam) #38

believe that was there in b1. I started using it in b2 once I redid my homekit devices.

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #39

Weird as I never saw it until today, must have come up as this update messed up HomeKit and I had to reset.

(Brexit Day Is Gonna Be Shamayzing.) #40

Oh anyones Safari crashing or pages erroring out on loading?