Anyone using Fi?

Hello,

Does anyone use Google Fi?

It is a sim whitch workes in 200 countrys worldwide.

From what I understand, it’s a US network that allows you to roam into 200 countries so for just of the users here it won’t be much use :slightly_frowning_face:

You’d have a US number and any friends and family will likely pay international charges to phone/message you.

Yes but you can use it in. 200 country’s with unlimited data service. This is the main reason why I have it.

$20 per month for unlimited calls and texts and then $10 per GB until you get to $60 then its free and unlimited.

$80 (not including tax) per month isn’t very cheap at £65.97 for unlimited calls, texts and data. I guess it may be useful if you do a lot of travelling but just to use in the UK it isn’t very good.

2 Likes

By UK standards it’s not cheap at all, by US standards it’s a pretty good deal. The great value service we have on this side is significantly cheaper than any service worth using over in the US.

3 Likes

Here in the UK we can us the three network which gives us unlimited data usage in 71 destinations (incl U.S) for around £20 a month (roughly $25) last time i checked.

TV and phone packages are just a whole lot cheaper over her than the US thankfully.

1 Like

But Fi allows me to have any UK network on the SIM so I have EE Vodafone and Three.

Complete rip-off when you can just use a dual SIM phone with UK SIM and local SIM while travelling.

1 Like

I am using Google Fi sim and also a data only sim on a second phone for past 5 months. It worked great in Canada, Croatia, Bosnia and Netherlands. No hick-ups. I believe it worked better than a Netherlands’ sim as well. I will be travelling to Italy and Switzerland so will report back on its performance.

If you guys are interested you can get a $20 off using link https://g.co/fi/r/UMWHNR or code: UMWHNR

Well what did the UK providers after you reached the datalimit?

I am with Three unlimited data and as said roaming around the 70+ countries, so as on unlimited data the U.K. providers don’t charge extra for data

So it is like fi. Ok

Except as people have said much much much cheaper.

3 Likes