Announcing Our £22m Investment Round and Crowdfunding!

You should have received a “Sorry, you weren’t selected to invest” e-mail as stated in the pre-registration has closed e-mail “Once the round is finished, we’ll then email those who were unsuccessful so until you receive that email, you’re still in the running.”

Ah. Well I didn’t get one of those.

1 Like

I got an in app message asking if I wanted to be part of Monzo and I got an email confirming my pledge (and then my change of pledge). Radio silence after that but to be honest didn’t think too much of it as I knew only successful peeps would get an email. I will check my junk mail again to see if I’ve overlooked it (now I know the message came from Monzo).

Can you all still see your pledges in the app? Because it disappeared for me I’d say shortly after pre registration closed.

So Monzo have been in contact and confirmed the following:

I thought pledgers would get early access (either at the same time or soon after investors). Somewhat disappointed - and assume I can’t be the only one who hasn’t been receiving information. Imagine if I had been selected and didn’t know !! (Monzo say i wasn’t selected; I wonder if I was ever in the ballot in the first place as I never even got a message saying the round had opened.)

1 Like

Hold on a moment… :thinking:

2 Likes

The internet can be a pain when it comes to accountability. :wink: I’ll screenshot that thanks! yeah pretty much convinced at this point I was never in the race from the get go.

@NekoZombieRaw Hey, that’s not correct, all those who pledged will have early access to the current account. We’re not sure how this will work yet, and if they will have access at the same time as investors or slightly after but you will definitely have this and we’ll keep all those who pledged updated with details once decided :+1:

4 Likes

its all getting a bit like Chinese whispers really isn’t it - crowdfunding don’t you just love it

2 Likes

@Demmedelusive Hey! Please could you DM me the e-mail address attached to the account you pledged from? We’re looking into this now!

Exactly @anon95680666. It would have been good to know that I should have been expecting an email saying the round had opened; so at least then I would have known it had gone wrong. Looks like at least two of us are affected by this issue … and it’s not as if many Monzonauts are forum participants.

I felt like it was wrong hearing nothing and did contact Crowdcube but I might as well have whistled into the wind for all the good it did as they just sent me canned answers.

1 Like

Thanks I’ve replied back to Monzo CS. Do wonder what happened here though and why I effectively dropped off the communication list.

@Naji Would be good to announce what emails will be used to distribute communications. Users can add then said email/s to their contacts and it will help with emails going to spam. It will not work in all cases and sometimes stuff gets filtered on SMTP level before it even hits spam filters, but should help at least some users. :slight_smile:

Hi Naji

Never done it before, but I think I’ve sent you a reply by DM.

1 Like

All E-Mails are coming from support@crowdcube.com

I see them as from *@monzomail.com
(help/invest)

1 Like

Weird

I guess you needed both in your safe list - crowdcube if successful

I think it might be from Crowdcube if you had an account already setup prior to Monzo pitch?

I have had mail from @monzomail.com regarding other things though.

Or depending on how you register…