Android Pay comes to the Monzo current account!

I had fun once getting a refund when the woman insisted it go on the original card and I went to scan my wearable watch strap. She refused and after a row she gave me cash

sigh now that is potentially prone to fraud abuse… It reminds me of the app security thread. People have a very hard time distinguishing real risks from their imaginary risks.

3 Likes

There’s far more Android devices out there (from what I’ve read) so it would make sense to provide Android Pay functionality first, they would also need to take into account what is required to implement both, could be easier to implement AP, who knows. It’s done, so lets stop complaining!

2 Likes

Android Pay is changing to Google Pay, as they want the brand name associated with the technology, like Apple snd Samsung have.

I wonder what further developments they have in the pipeline. Maybe their own wearable devices such as a Google Watch?

Just got my Monzo account, and keen to try out these new (to me) technologies.

There’s no clear benefit to launching a “Google” branded watch, since all Android Wear watches are essentially already this anyway. Unlike Android itself, Android Wear as an operating system can’t be heavily modified by OEMs, and Google handle the updates directly.

I presently use the LG Watch Style and it’s awesome :slightly_smiling_face: