✅ [Android] Keyboard issue when moving money to pot

Issue: regular keyboard flashing up when numbers are added/backspaced in the fixed term saving pots

Details to reproduce: go into one of the fixed savings pots on create saving pot, and manually type in an amount. When inputting numbers or deleting numbers the regular keyboard flashes up. This happens for each time, the uploaded gif is missing a couple due to the frame rate. This is using the gboard keyboard
Device: honor 10
App Version: 2.61.0

Screenshots:

Just another one of those issues really needs fixing that nobody can be bothered to.

Is there any update on this bug? It’s still very frustrating & a bad experience for first time users of monzo setting up pots.

Bump. Please fix this, it’s very frustrating :persevere:

SVID_20190926_121014

2 Likes

so… this issue definitely isn’t being ignored. I’ve tried twice so far :hot_face:

The biggest problem for me is that it’s super hard to reproduce 100% of the time on the devices I’ve tried. I can always reproduce it in a session.

It just doesn’t always happen for every character delete, nor always for the first character delete, or the last one. I’ve never been able to reproduce it while entering an amount yet.

Please bear in mind that it’s rarely the highest priority thing to be spending time on at any given time, but as a user of this app myself, it is frustrating and I haven’t given up on fixing it.

6 Likes

confirmed it’s an issue!

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile: :raised_hands:

Is it Honor and Huawei devices you’re using or have tried it on? On my P9, it does it consistently all the time on the number inputs that have and [+] buttons, and on every digit input and every delete.

Plain number inputs on their own - like the amount when making a new payment to someone - is totally fine.

I’ve been using my Pixel 3 with default keyboard. +1 it’s only on the ones with the steppers that it’s an issue.

I’ll ask when I’m in the office next if we have any of those devices :+1:

1 Like

OnePlus 5T only jumps when typing in never on the steppers.

Just to confuse matters.

When typing in an amount field that has steppers on either side or in an amount field that doesn’t have steppers?

Ok weird is was jumping around this morning when I paid by credit card off. Now it isn’t moving at all

I feel you

5 Likes

I only get this issue, consistently, on value fields with steppers, it’s ok on non stepper value fields. I’m using a Huawei P20 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad to read it’s not just me with this issue, it started happening to me recently on a Huawei P9+

1 Like

Okay, so we have some news! I’ve been trying to fix this bug for the longest time, and so have some of our other Android Engineers such as @ataulm, but it was the hardest thing to consistently reproduce. I think I have finally fixed this frustrating issue. I am no longer able to reproduce this on my personal device since applying the fix, so hopefully this is it!

This fix should be live for everyone next Monday, so I’d love to hear from some of you who are experiencing this way more regularly than I ever was to see if it is finally gone for good.

I’ve got all my fingers and toes crossed. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: I’m glad we never gave up hope.

21 Likes

Praise the lords

2 Likes

Amazing! Can’t wait to try

I tried this today, works on my phone :sweat_smile::grimacing::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Still facing the issue here :sleepy:

Looks like Ollie can’t read well… Whoops :sweat_smile:

1 Like