Android-iOS Parity Wiki

To summarise:

They’re separate teams with different priorities.

1 Like

OK, knew they would be different teams, but thought some functionality would be the same, which I guess it is, it’s just that Summary is not.

1 Like

I love Monzo.

Currently it is possible to send scheduled payments to other accounts outside of Monzo and repeat the transaction every 2 weeks. It is also possible to edit these scheduled payments anytime through the schedule tab.

Unfortunately, schedule payments to Monzo pots does not have the same functionality, you can only send every week, but not every other week (which is very annoying if you get paid every 2 weeks and wish to organise your money automatically) you also can’t edit a scheduled payment to a pot. You have to delete and re-add.

Please Monzo, can you fix this so that sending schedule payments to pots has the same functionality? I feel that Monzo are concentrating on bringing out new features, e.g. Business and Monzo Plus, but have forgotten about the simple things like scheduled payments.

3 Likes

Hello I’ve moved your post into here - hope you don’t mind.

The problem you describe is a parity issue as the feature already exists on Android.

1 Like

It’s so frustrating that this basic functionality is still missing from the iOS app. I’m having to run an Android emulator on my Mac just to allow me to update notes. I’m beginning to think we’re never going to see this so-called parity between the platforms.

4 Likes

Remember to vote for the ability to add notes to transfers on iOS here:

2 Likes

I’ve added a note to the wiki about the ongoing problem of statements being generated as US Letter size on iOS :frowning:

4 Likes

I’ve removed

As this is possible on both platforms.

1 Like

Only by clicking the tiny ‘skip’ link in the top right.

You can’t click ‘Next’ like you can on iOS.

Is that a huge problem? The result is still the same.

If you read the topic you linked to it was me that created it. To me it wasn’t obvious and I totally missed it :sweat_smile:

I even consider myself to be tech savvy but seeing the ‘next’ button disabled was an indication that it wasn’t possible.

Ah, I see. I wouldn’t personally consider this a parity issue, though. Lack of parity would really indicate that something isn’t possible at all on one platform.

2 Likes

I didn’t add it here but understand what you’re saying. The flow isn’t the same so it’s debatable :wink: :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I had no idea adding 0 was a thing on iOS, I always press the skip button :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Stop confusing things further :joy: I know now at least so I’m happy :blush:

1 Like

For additional context, I am trying to raise some awareness about some of the parity issues internally so we can hopefully get them addressed soon under the scope of a larger project that’s happening.
It doesn’t exactly help the cause if examples are being given about such a minor difference when the end result is still achievable.

5 Likes

:eyes:

4 Likes

Sounds good :+1:

I don’t think it helps people though when you have to determine OS before you can start providing support. Both should be equal in flow term too. One step at a time though, feature parity first :muscle:

3 Likes

:shushing_face:

3 Likes

Completely agree with this.

1 Like