[Android/iOS] Direct Debit Low Balance Notification Wrong

Issue: When receiving a notification for a scheduled payment on a Friday, it states that it’s for tomorrow (Saturday) but when you head into the app it states it’s going out on Monday. I assume this is more a problem for DDs as I’m fairly sure the SOs are processed at weekends.

Details to reproduce: Have a balance lower than a single Direct Debit on the Friday before it’s due to come out on the Monday.
Device: iPhone XS
App Version: 2.28.0 #497

Screenshots:

(Marcus Nailor, Hot Coral Detective) #2

Looks to me like a hardcoded “tomorrow” instead of something more dynamic :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I looked for a reference to this inside the app but I didn’t dig anything up :thinking:

The closest I found was the pot deposit message:
<string name="pot_deposit_scheduled_description">This is a scheduled payment of %1$s to your pot %2$s on %3$s.</string>
(amount, pot name, day(?) - for %1, 2, 3)

If the DD message was restructured, I’m sure Monzo could make it far more flexible than “tomorrow” :wink:

(Gareth) #3

Pretty sure they also don’t take into account pending BACS payments etc, that would happen before the Direct Debit payment.

I remember reading this was going to be fixed at some point so maybe they can fix the 2 together :slight_smile:

(Paul Urwin) #4

Just to add that I’ve noticed this today on Android too.

Maybe tomorrow in this context means next working day?

But monzo have just set it to the word tomorrow

For sure, but would cause confusion.