Community feedback & discussion

Confirmed, drop-down list of Home page styles available again.

2 Likes

Incoming @AlanDoe:rofl:

3 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:

We’ll be looking to answer the questions that have popped up since @cookywook’s post.

In the meantime, there’s been a few tags for the return to the old Community layout - I’m on it. Keep your eyes peeled for the change :eyes:

12 Likes

:drum:

I wasn’t quick enough :rofl: - flippin’ useless

3 Likes

Too slow. :joy:

4 Likes

I think I liked the other layout! How can I get it back?

1 Like

That’s better it’s back to normal :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Preferences → Interface → Default Home Page

In your user settings.

1 Like

The same drop down as shown here, just set it to Latest.

Edit: @Feathers beat me to the punch on that!

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

You savage :face_vomiting: its too unorganised is that view. Think I’d :sob: after 24 hours with that view

3 Likes

I like Categories as the default but check in on the Latest view sometimes to make sure I haven’t missed an interesting thread.

I think that works well!

2 Likes

I’ve been on ‘latest’ view for months, maybe years?

Can’t imagine any other way :upside_down_face:

13 Likes

Same here

3 Likes

Just changed mine to latest now. I prefer it to keep up to date with the latest stuff :upside_down_face::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Time for a poll? Ok.

Which default view do you prefer?
  • Categories
  • Latest

0 voters

You make a valid point regarding staffing for the Community Jamie and that’s an active and on-going approach we’re taking with the increased amount of time I’ll be spending on the Community.

This change also helps improve the cover needed for “10pm on Friday night” situations meaning that if something like this happened, we wouldn’t need to take such drastic measures.

On top of that, we’re looking to improve the overall health of the Community (with the extra measures mentioned above) where situations like this would be less common and we can continue to have civil discussions :pray:

8 Likes

Ooh, thanks for that. I’ve been in and set mine to ‘Latest’ now. It’s the only landing page I’ve ever needed here, and will save me plenty of clicks in future (no more clicking the Monzo logo then having to click latest. Hooray!)

2 Likes

Welcome back!

Bathroom breaks will be interesting again.

12 Likes

Can the pre-approval be done with keywords or smartly? Or you’re allowed 1/3/5 posts and you have to be reviewed after that?

Some troll posting something, getting flagged and then can’t do anymore (or 3/5 times) is going to hinder them enough but not stop genuine people who don’t understand how pots/paid early/summary works.

It drives me mad when you join a forum to ask a question and you have to jump through hoops first. I understand the need for it, but I bet a very high % of people join for help and then never return. Whoever is approving them can’t be here 24/7 or even have that coverage amongst a few, but posting for help and then hours later nothing, is going to br really annoying.

I know this isn’t supposed to be support, but if you’re going to make getting help here harder, then chat in app needs to be far easier to find.

6 Likes