Community feedback & discussion

What is the optimum David number?

1 Like

Nice to know there are still 2-3 people that haven’t been online in the last 2+ months. :grimacing:

Also, @rat_au_van I think the ideal number is: (Total number of Michaels - 1)

3 Likes

I like the Idea of Michael + 1

1 Like

Almost my bete noire, but thankfully bludgeoned my way past that to my badge

I’ve checked in to ensure that additional :mondo: staff get tagged accordingly

2 Likes

Just noticed a discourse change - the ‘last visit’, red, horizontal dividing line is now displaying in topics which you haven’t fully read (yet) :+1:

6 Likes

It’s been 8 days since I’ve messaged a mod, I got a really generic reply that at a push could be considered relevant to my message, I then replied to that but none of them have responded, if there’s not enough staff resources to keep the platform safe by responding in a timely manner then it shouldn’t be up, or at least give the coral crew more permissions.

This wasn’t a safety issue but I dread to think what would happen if it was.

1 Like

Who did you message? Your best bet is contacting @alandoe directly, instead of anyone else really.

1 Like

I shame if the case. I had a few chats with a mod shortly after it reopened, and they were a breath of fresh air from the days of old.

Depending on the situation, would it not be an option to reach out to a coral crew member? I’ve certainly done that a few times to ask some generic questions, and most of them are great with replying and answering your query. I imagine if it’s not something they can help with, they’d escalate it to Alan anyway.

As @michaelw90 suggests above, your best bet is just messaging @AlanDoe directly, rather than flagging something for moderation attention, because that never works in my experience.

2 Likes

:eyes:

Inbox is open.

2 Likes

We agree there is an issue and we’re looking into it.

5 Likes

Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

I’ve flagged entire posts for moderation and to be fair they’ve been quick off the mark. Closed the topic down, removed whatever posts were needed, then reopened it.

2 Likes

It was literally just to remove one of my own posts which i couldn’t do myself for some reason.

After multiple chasing :arrow_up: it’s now done :muscle::+1:

3 Likes

Flagging option removed for everyone or just me? :grimacing:

I can flag :eyes:

2 Likes

I’m level 2 again, was I 3 before? :man_shrugging:t3:

Maybe lowly people can’t flag anymore.

1 Like

Perhaps related to this from this morning…

1 Like

I too can flag. Maybe they are limiting the number of times you can flag or something. I have only flagged one post in the last two weeks or so I think - maybe you are flagging more?

You’re level 3

I’m guessing trust level

1 Like

I’m level 3 and can flag too. I also rarely flag. So I add weight to both correlative theories thus far. Type faster @alan!

3 Likes