AML/KYC reason to shutdown user complaints on this community

Like this:

1 Like

I mean it can be Kayne or whatever but the message is that they are not in a good place without that money in account

I think it’s best not to take it at face value on this occasion. I do admire your genuine concern though.

4 Likes

I think there’s no point debating about this before the staff steps in. We won’t be able to find out about his situation and it cannot be disclosed by the staff. As much as we want to speculate about someone’s situation and find out what is ~really~ going on, a public forum is not the best or safest place to do this.

If you really believe him and feel strongly about this you can always reach out to the guy via DM (and give him money if you are so inclined).

6 Likes

Sorry but thought that we are actually talking about Monzo community shutting a user down for making a complaint on this community.

And if that not OK then apologies!

And the reason I am talking about it because Monzo sold us this transparency idea. Again to be clear user who complained today did not talk about AML/KYC stuff just made a complaint.

2 Likes

Again -

1 Like

ignore this post. Was flagged for moderation earlier and just released. It’s not the time to bring it back now that the dust has settled

Edited, would not like to say leaders because Leaders are from community.

How do you know that?

And once again let me say they did not go into detail and all I see is that a complaint which could have been dealt with answer like ‘apologies let me get back to you right away’ by a staff member.

That’s what we’re all waiting for :+1:

I’ve never been a fan of Starling but today a similar sort situation developed on their community and I think they dealt it in a much better way. Maybe Monzo can lean a thing or two here in this thread

https://community.starlingbank.com/t/general-feedback-first-impressions/2400/147

1 Like

Yeah that’s a very similar post :joy: the team replied straight away, obviously it wasn’t possible for Monzo’s team to do the same here today, which is why users are advised to raise support requests via the app.

As the team has said, that is always going to be the fastest way to resolve this issue, not posting here.

You may have noticed that at this point, even after Starling’s CEO has responded, the user is still not satisfied - which also seems odd doesn’t it? :thinking:

2 Likes

Could be done without shutting off that user though and that the whole point I think…

1 Like

We’re going round in circles now.

2 Likes

You can always stop

What are people “discussing” here? I’m getting a bit confused with all the threads, tie ins etc. Are we saying Monzo are purposefully hiding posts because they are hiding stuff, scared of upsetting their image ? Or that they are ignoring complaints? Or that some person with a fork is struggling to feed their kids?

I’m off to my flat earth convention before this starts getting weird

6 Likes

I think we need to wait for Monzo staff now - hope they would have dealt with this

1 Like

Monzo staff are busy dealing with other customers - Please wait, it’s only been a week for @Joshante1 :roll_eyes:

1 Like

This is a completely different issue. The one you linked is regarding fraudulent transactiobs, e
Here’s this relates to AML, which banks rarely talk about. There have been similar complaints with Monzo in the past (regarding xhargevacks), to which they have always responded.

1 Like

I didn’t mean to start this thread as Monzo bashing tbh - If at any point leaders feel it’s getting away from it’s purpose please feel free to close.

I will not feel shut down :tired_face:

3 Likes