Amazon driver stole my parcel

Hi
Yes the same happened to me. Again Amazon, I ordered a herb vaporiser a little less than a hundred quid. I was actually looking out of my window when the Amazon lady was ages sorting parcels in her van. I had a lot of parcels coming from Amazon, the lady didn’t knock at the door, but put all parcels in my delivery box. No photos taken. Like you, came up on my phone saying delivered.

Of all the parcels delivered my vaporiser was not in the box !

As she had just left I rang Amazon to chase the driver.
Nothing came to me, that day or any other.

I left all information via email, Amazon said they were investigating. Thing is the vaporiser should be signed, or they do, with my date of birth etc. Nothing.
Next day full refund given in my bank account within 24/48 hours.

So where did it go mmmm

1 Like

regular Amazon user here, never had a parcel go missing. Had things arrive late of course, but never had any issues and I’ve been using Amazon since 2003. I’m starting to wonder if I must be very lucky …

As an aside I find accusations of theft, when we really don’t know what happened, a bit distasteful.

1 Like

I work as a Amazon flex driver every now and then, so knowing how the app works, this is most likely what happened (at least initially).

When you put the OTP in the app, it marks it as delivered straight away. If he put it in while you were in the phone, it would’ve been marked as delivered and then he was unable to deliver it.

What should happen is that it’ll go back to the depot, get scanned and delivery re-attempted.

1 Like

Did you manage to get a refund, if so how? Similar has happened to me but they are refusing to refund me, told me to contact the police but the police can’t do anything

Have you looked at the replies to your other post? You have been given lots of advice on what you should try next, including one person who has said that the police are wrong to not give you a crime number but you might be able to report it online and get a number that way.

3 Likes

My comment here was approved before I saw the responses on my post. I will go check it now, thank you

1 Like