Allow getting rid of the Get Paid early notification

Unfortunately we’re not blessed with that on iOS, like @Feathers I don’t want an app full of options and switches but I think being more in control of notifications would be a good thing. Especially as there is already space for it in the settings

1 Like

The screenshot that @RichardL posted is from the OS notification settings, not within the app.

In the app we have the same settings that you posted :slight_smile:

You insert your chip card and sign if it is credit. The signature is verified against your card.

PIN for debit.

I thought that but I did check iOS settings first.

All bayou get on iOS is standard across all apps that I’ve seen.

Here’s another screenshot for clarification

Yep that’s at OS level however the categories are decided by the app developers. That said I’m not entirely sure how aware developers are that this exists. I’m sure Monzo would label these better than ‘Extra’ and ‘Important’.

Another example is Spotify where I’ve apparently got ‘External applications’ both on and off.

Guys I think they changed it and got rid of the notification. I’m no longer getting it. I’m happy

1 Like

I believe this screen is simply down to how Android apps are developed rather than something we’ve built ourselves.

Yep it is. Actually that particular screen is a fairly new addition to Android. It looks like these are just notification categories buried in the code that some developers didn’t ever expect users would see.

Monzo have done a reasonably good job if you overlook the ‘Extra’ option but you can really tell the apps where they weren’t expecting the change (Nero) vs the apps that have gone the extra mile to make the users have complete control (Citymapper).

1 Like