Algbra discussion

1.5% Cashback is truly quite something

1 Like

The way they display it is also really quite something. About as useful as a Flex statement

7 Likes

I would like to see what transaction each cashback reward is linked to.

2 Likes

When you tap it does it show you what you purchased?

Nope - it just treats it as a new transaction paid back to your card.

It’s nice that they’re offering cashback - but it’s definitely the way they’ve implemented it has been ‘cobbled together’ with duct-tape and sticky-back plastic.

It’s not as well implemented as Chase. But it’s ‘free’ (ish) money. And you get more from Algbra per transaction (if on Apple/Google Pay) so I can live with it.

And I have a lot less conflicting ethical issues with Algbra vs Chase.

2 Likes

Not a bad call. I’m currently using Plutus for cashback but whether I continue depends on the smoothness of my first withdrawal due soon.

The fact that you can earn cashback on rent with Algbra is cool

1 Like

I’ve got to say Algbra take forever to give you the cash back.

Still waiting on cash back from 7 days ago.

2 Likes

Maybe I’ve been lucky, mine was within a couple of working days of the payment clearing.

I queried it this morning with Algbra and now they’ve sent an email to everyone I imagine?

1 Like

Yeah I got it.

1 Like

Yeah still not fixed damn

1 Like

Indeed. This issue has been going on for over a week in my case, I’ll switch back to Chase if this continues.

1 Like

I have transactions dating back to May 4th for which I have not received cashback.

In and of themselves it’s a fairly trivial amount but frustrating just the same.

I reveived the email as others did but no further communication.

I chased this myself and had a response Yesterday basically telling me to bear with, but this morning I had loads of cashback show up, so they’ve presumably worked through the backlog.

Not sure I trust them to keep going without another lull though

Edit: typo

Cashback from May 4th until 2 days ago has appeared in my account this morning.

I will probably persevere with them, because I’d like them to thrive and be a success.

Likewise, my cash back has just appeared, around £10 which is quite nice to see.

I’ll continue using them seeing as they resolved this issue.

1 Like

Received cashback yesterday (20th) for transactions on 16th

I asked live chat (who were quite responsive I must say) about a few things namely whether they had an intent to become a bank, and connecting to budgeting tools. If they did the latter I’d serious consider them being my return to fintech.

Sadly it was a no and not too sure but I did think the below was a little poorly worded. EMIs (Revolut are similar) really do need to better explain what safeguarding actually is.

1 Like

Until the administrators take over and take a cut from all the safeguarded funds, the funds are 100% yours.

4 Likes