Alexa

My kids had Sports Day.

Just no winners or losers :man_shrugging:

How does that work?

If you finish last, you will know you were last and didn’t win, so surely there are still winners and losers, just no prizes

3 Likes

Schools get crazier by the day :sweat_smile: they don’t seem to use logic much in some cases.

2 Likes

So this is something that happens? I always figured it was one of those annual things said that doesn’t actually happen.

When I was at school we won house points for gold, silver and bronze winners at sports day, but anyone who took part also got some points to try and encourage people to take part in various sports too.

Will admit I rarely won but it was a much healthier style of competition over some of the “lad” culture in my individual PE classes!

2 Likes

Most primary school sports days are team competitions now rather than individual ones, with positive point systems so everyone contributes to the team total.

Which is just better frankly, means all the kids enjoy and participate more. Primary school sports should be about participation and enjoyment not competition in my opinion, if we can get every kid loving exercise and feeling it’s for them that’s a brilliant achievement.

2 Likes

Fully agree with this post :point_up:

1 Like

Alexa sucks. Objectively.

Alexa,

Sorry, I’m having trouble understanding right now, please try a little later

That is why you suck.

Alexa, turn on the TV

TV isn’t responding, please check it’s network connection or power supply

Ugh. Hey Siri turn on the tv

Done.

This is why you suck Alexa!

This stuff doesn’t happen every time, but it’s frequent enough that I want to smash it with a hammer. Only reason I have one is because not everything works with HomeKit natively. But Siri never lets me down.

4 Likes