Uneditable transfer details section on Android for bank transfers + ✅ adding notes on iOS bank transfers

Do we know what the latest is on this? How many votes does something like this need before it’s taken into consideration?

I can’t believe something like this needs votes to be honest. I completely get that the iOS and Android devs are different teams with different timescales and priorities etc. but surely something like this should have parity across both platforms by now? :frowning:

2 Likes

Totally agree, adding notes should be available across all transactions!

Impacts the usefulness of ‘tags’ not being able to add notes to all transactions, particularly with bill splits.

Hope this feature can be added soon. Help suggests that one could use tagging for custom categorisation, but its not available on all transactions.

Adding notes should definately be available across all transactions!

Please make this happen. I send so many payments to my credit card as I spend that is love to be able to note up what it was for.

Everyone I know that uses Monzo brings this up as one of the only negative points. On one hand, that’s great as all other talk is positive. However, having notes for ALL transactions would be very useful.

2 Likes

Hi all

The Android app for Monzo allows to add notes or tags to a transaction, but the iOS app has no such thing. This would be quite useful in a case when the sender does not include a useful description and it seems weird that the iOS app is missing this functionality. Is there a good reason for that?

I’d like to be able to add a note to a bank transfer like you would a transaction.

As far as I’m aware you can do already?
See my monthly direct bank transfer to my landlord - theres a section to add notes that’s prefilled with the payment reference.

The ability to add notes to bank transfers is an Android-only feature for some unknown reason

Oh that’s stupid. Can’t see why they haven’t fixed that earlier.

Can someone please merge this. thanks.

It doesn’t. That’s the point of the request.

It’s awesome that we can write a quick note for expenses. This can help turn an abstract company name into something more meaningful. That helps a lot for later bookkeeping tasks.

I just wish we could do the same for all other types of transactions; money received, outbound transfers etc.

For example, if I send money out through a transfer to Transferwise - I’ve got no way to add a quick note to make a record of who the money is actually for. I’m not going to be able to remember by the end of the month when I do my bookkeeping. I can add a receipt (attachment, photo), but not a note – please add this!

You should be able to add a note to incoming/outgoing bank transfers

You can in Android app but not iOS app

Monzo, please sort this out.

This looks promising:

3 Likes

Notes on Bill Splits and bank transfers for iOS are in the latest beta:

Now only need the “transfer details” section for bank transfers to be brought to Android:

4 Likes

This is so good to see, I didn’t think this day would ever come! :tada:

3 Likes