Adaptive Standing Orders

I’m on the current account. All my legacy bank accounts can handle more complex recurring payments than monzo is able to. Which is why I have to keep paying this from Santander unless I want to do it manually.

1 Like

2 weekly, 4 weekly, 3 monthly and 6 monthly are all missing (though I am sure they have been mentioned in previous threads)

1 Like

Yeah, as has been said quite a few times, we got a very basic implementation to test the backend stuff with the ‘proper’ features coming along when the ‘real’ front end app is developed. Which is presumably not yet…

2 Likes

Also first/last working day, first/last day of the month, along with many more.

1 Like

I think the decision has already been made that this implementation is good enough for migrating the 500k over. Otherwise I would ha e expecting to have seen something g in sneak peeks or in the TestFlight apps.

What I would expect to see once this is developed further (to be way better than legacy banks) would be a natural language interface similar to todoist or fantastical where I can just write ‘every two weeks’ or ‘last Friday of every month for 3 months’.

Along with a ux that makes it very clear what will happen - a chart or calendar with each of the upcoming payments marked with the day and date. Similarly an overview calendar with all the payments expected to go out.

3 Likes

Yes, that surprises me a bit. I got the impression that was going to be one of the things presented to us at launch. (Purely my interpretation, mind you, no-one actually said that.)

1 Like

Me too with the current iteration of existing direct debits and standing orders. It feels tacked on at the moment rather that integrated seamlessly like the rest of the app.

1 Like

This has been discussed already so I’ve merged your post into this thread.

I require a standing order to go out on the 8th of the month but can’t currently do this🤔

1 Like

Can you not pick the 8th and then choose monthly?

2 Likes

I would have thought you should be able to as I’ve been able to do so for my mortgage as I pay last day of the month and I just chose a date then a recurring schedule

You can I believe - at least I hope so or I’m going to get an angry call from my landlords comes the 17th!

Looks like I misread the description once selecting Monthly.

Yep you can (used 9th as an example since today is the 8th)

1 Like

Seconded - sweeps would be so useful!

“On the 30th of each month, transfer everything above £200 to savings”
“When I’m paid [hard to enumerate but probably means 'when you see a transaction of above £500 from {my employer}], transfer everything above £100 to savings.”
“Every Friday, when the new weekly budget arrives, transfer everything above £5 [to savings/directly to pay off my credit card]”

I’d love that!

7 Likes

Yes! Algorithmic money management!

When setting up regulations payments, it seem like monthly payments are done on the last day of the month. Can this be changed to a set day?

I am sure you are able to choose specific date for a standing order to go out

Just choose a date to schedule and set the frequency to monthly and it will go out on that date every month!

It will only default to last day if you select 31st of a month in which case it will go out on the last day of a month only has 30/28 days in it