ACH debits are now enabled šŸš€

Still no luck linking to PayPal (picture) or Robinhood using routing and acc numbersā€¦

4 Likes

This is how most banks in the US do bill pay for small billers not set up to accept electronic payments, so Iā€™d imagine so.

This is where Monzo could stand out. The way other banks do it so far, you basically have no view into whatā€™s going on once youā€™ve entered the payment request in online banking or on the bankā€™s app, so if itā€™s gone missing or been otherwise delayed somewhere from issuance to cashing, itā€™s difficult to track down. Being able to know where your bill payment check is every step of the way would be an improvement.

5 Likes

Will Plaid be a topic on the Zoom tomorrow?

Who the hell Styled their website to look like iOS5/6 and doesnā€™t update it?

1 Like

Hey Jeremy, yes we will be talking about Plaid and a bit more about the technical side of the integration in todayā€™s event!

1 Like

Fantastic! Thank you.

Hi Dillion, I didnā€™t know there was a call, but would love an update on you guys supporting Plaid. Iā€™d like to connect YNAB to my Monzo account.

Thanks!

This is possible with UK accounts via the Monzo API (I use this) - but not sure about USA accounts.

3 Likes

I did see that (https://syncforynab.com/), but unfortunately they donā€™t support any US banks at this time (including Monzo). I tried setting it up myself using the authors source code, but couldnā€™t get it working.

1 Like

Try the Heroku method:

Full credit to @BritishLibrary for this from a good few years ago now. The YNAB-linking is still working perfectly for me - all Monzo Personal and Joint account transactions auto-appear in YNAB, almost as soon as they happen.

2 Likes

Hi David, thatā€™s exactly what I was trying to do, but ended up getting an error on the build that it wasnā€™t using the correct version of Ruby. I contacted the developer about it and he said ā€œI am not sure why itā€™s trying to install 2.5.1, as we specify a higher version.ā€ and that there was a similar issue reported here:

So Iā€™m kind of stuck there unfortunately.

Hereā€™s the output I get when I click Deploy:

-----> Building on the Heroku-20 stack
-----> Determining which buildpack to use for this app
-----> Ruby app detected
-----> Installing bundler 1.17.3
-----> Removing BUNDLED WITH version in the Gemfile.lock
-----> Compiling Ruby/Rails
Command: 'set -o pipefail; curl -L --fail --retry 5 --retry-delay 1 --connect-timeout 3 --max-time 30 https://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/heroku-buildpack-ruby/heroku-20/ruby-2.5.1.tgz -s -o - | tar zxf - ā€™ failed on attempt 1 of 3.
Command: 'set -o pipefail; curl -L --fail --retry 5 --retry-delay 1 --connect-timeout 3 --max-time 30 https://s3-external-1.amazonaws.com/heroku-buildpack-ruby/heroku-20/ruby-2.5.1.tgz -s -o - | tar zxf - ā€™ failed on attempt 2 of 3.
!
! The Ruby version you are trying to install does not exist on this stack.
!
! You are trying to install ruby-2.5.1 on heroku-20.
!
! Ruby ruby-2.5.1 is present on the following stacks:
!
! - cedar-14
! - heroku-16
! - heroku-18
!
! Heroku recommends you use the latest supported Ruby version listed here:
! Heroku Ruby Support | Heroku Dev Center
!
! For more information on syntax for declaring a Ruby version see:
! Specifying a Ruby Version | Heroku Dev Center
!
! Push rejected, failed to compile Ruby app.
! Push failed

2 Likes

Things have obviously moved on, whereas connections made way-back-when seem to continue to work OK - and because Iā€™m still working, I donā€™t really want to dig and break something if Iā€™m being totally honest!

1 Like

I totally understand! If I had it working I wouldnā€™t want to be messing with it either.

1 Like

Hey Dave, sorry you missed it! Yes weā€™re currently working on the Plaid integration and hoping to have it launched in the near future - you can read a bit more about the work thatā€™s going on, along with a summary of our community event on Thomasā€™s post here!

2 Likes

Betterment is also blocking the Sutton Bank routing number, claiming increased fraudulent activity from Robinhood and Cash App (which apparently use Sutton Bank).

Being able to add other bank accounts to Monzo so we can trigger ACH debits or push an ACH transaction would be a nice workaround (other than the elephant in the room, Sutton Bank, which I know isnā€™t an easy fix).

Edit: Just saw the virtual meetup recap, account linking looks great!

1 Like

Thanks @DillonV !

1 Like

Monzo says you shouldnā€™t have any issues with connecting to PayPal but their app itself says connectivity isnā€™t supported.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.