✅ Ability to copy full card number from the app

Wouldn’t suit me, but great idea!

Forgive my ignorance, but surely this is fairly easy to implement? At the moment I’m relying on a locked iOS note :sob:

1 Like

This is such a good idea! :clap:t3: I literally don’t use my physical card.

2 Likes

Agreed it wouldn’t suit everyone.

Every customer (for example) would still be offered a physical card at any time if they declined upon signup. Obviously at no cost like now.

Could simply be a toggle in the settings as to your preference.

3 Likes

I would like to have the feature of having the card numbers, expiry and csv in the app as well. Just like Starling.

In my case it’s a question of accessibility - am visually impaired.

1 Like

:eyes:

12 Likes

No CVV? :thinking:

5 Likes

I remember mine and not showing it adds an extra layer of security :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Kind of missed my point though. I don’t use my card details enough at all to warrant remembering any of it (yes even 3 digits) — that’s the whole point of it being all in-app in my view. I’d still have to resort to writing the CVV in my notes or something.

3 Likes

Also doesnt look copy/pastable which is sad

1 Like

Yeah I agree - not much use without the CVV

3 Likes

I would say being able to view the CVV in app with Touch ID/Face ID authentication is more secure than the CVV being printed on the card.

3 Likes

I don’t want to jump the gun as this is only a preview, but I agree, not very useful without this functionality.

2 Likes

I’m not overally bothered if I can see the card number within the app, as I use Keychain in iOS to store my card number, but I can see why others may like this idea.

Keychain don’t allow you to store the CVV though for security reasons so maybe that’s why Monzo isn’t offering it either.

I store my cards in 1Password - you need a secure pin or Touch/FaceID to get in to it, but it will store the lot. CVC and all.

2 Likes

This has been rolled out to some people now - I’ve got access to it, and it works well. Shame the security code isn’t shown as well, but I remember that anyway…

1 Like

Yes, working for me too and surprisingly both my personal and joint account! Would almost have put money on this being a personal account only feature like most at first - perhaps a tide change on joint accounts soon getting parity???

1 Like

Has it just been rolled out to 15% of android users or a combination?

15% of everyone - regardless of platform.

With my cards saved on Keychain, I rename them to have the CCV as part of their ‘name’, so when I select it I see it. I have them all saved in 1Password too though which automatically fills in all the details including CCV, so the keychain is just a backup for the few occasions 1P isn’t working for whatever I’m doing.

1 Like