A big update to connected accounts

Nice work Monzo team! Really pleased to see this in there now.

FYI I’d consider paying more than £5 p/m if your next release was “if I spend money in X category on Y connected account transfer over funds from Z pot”. Every month I salary sort our spending budgets into dedicated pots so the wife and I can clearly see what’s left in a category of spend, to incentivise us to save in each category and to stop us from going over budget without making a conscious decision on it. However we still have to move money out of pots manually into the main joint account and pay off the CC once a month which is a pain…

3 Likes

I feel your pain.

Monzo needs to bring Joint Accounts up to scratch. 2.5 years since launch and still no parity with Personal account features. Still no paid-for tier, still no IFTTT, still no monzo.me, still no… :yawning_face:

After the launch today of the open-banking-links-with-custom-categories-for-people-using-plus/premium-but-still-no-custom-categories-for-Joint-account-users-who-do-in-fact-pay-for-Plus/Premium-on-a-Personal-account I’m losing faith in the :monzo: JA ‘development’ more than ever at this point.

What. The. Actual. does it take to get this message across?:

MONZO - SORT OUT JOINT ACCOUNTS

10 Likes

Thank you making this happen, very impressive, thank you for your work.

3 Likes

This is a nice update to see! I agree with @Alexxxxx on what direction I’d like to see this start to take.

Still remain confused at this one, given that the public API allows joint account access…

3 Likes

A really great update. Good work Monzo. I can really start to see how useful open banking can potentially be. I agree with others the summary screen of a connected card is beautiful. I’d love to see in future updates:

• Unified budgeting across all connected accounts, plus Monzo accounts, yes including joint accounts
  • The dates linked to pay day across all accounts
  • More connected accounts (I know this relies on others)
  • Those new budgeting categories coming to Monzo’s

Keep the updates coming :grinning:

10 Likes

Is Sainsbury’s going to be added?

5 Likes

I hope so! They mention opening banking on their site so would be good to be able to finally add my credit card to Monzo!

Finally!!!

Also, great update!

2 Likes

Great update really impressed thanks.

Great update! But when’s Sainsbury’s Bank going to be added :weary:

3 Likes

This could get me to switch back to Monzo and pay for Plus.

1 Like

I have Honor 10 smartphone with Android 10.

Latest 2 Monzo app updates did not solve the problem.
I did add Revolut accounts on, but only account balances are shown, no transactions, no other info :neutral_face:

I did re-connect it a few times, but no changes, just limited info from connected Revolut account

This is an amazing update - thank you :pray:t2:

Favourite update in ages and can’t wait to see what this brings in future - will make such a difference for me personally.

Only thing I’d say is going back through the last three months and recategorising absolutely churned through my battery life - phone got very hot and the flow became quite laggy (iPhone 12 Pro).

Also, called this a couple of weeks ago :wink:

3 Likes

Hello Team,

I think I made a mistake by uploading my Nigeria passport instead of my Biometric Residence Permit due to oversight.

Why do I do?

Hello! We’re all just customers here so can’t help unfortunately. You can try to contact Monzo by calling them (but not sure if you’ll get through as phone support isn’t their main focus). You can also just wait until your application is reviewed – not sure how it works but I think they should ask for alternative ID if the one you provided isn’t acceptable to them

Edit: why was this flagged as spam?

It is not an advertisement, nor is it something that is overly promotional in nature. It’s not fully relevant to the topic but it’s useful as this is where help was sought.

Was I mistaken for my (now banned) evil twin? Or do we just have an army of trolls flooding the forums this BH?

1 Like

Erm?

I think we need to take a day off until something effective can be figured out against the evil clones

Probably the trolls reporting the real accounts or if someone on here thought you was the troll by accident - Do posts get removed with a single vote? I’ll of thought you needed multiple

I’d hope people would recognise me by now!

You need multiple reports but judging by the number of Anon profiles cropping up, I think unfortunately some think admins don’t have anything better to do on Easter Sunday than play whack-a-mole

3 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a group of kids or something to do with that discord