3D Secure Autofill (iOS)

Hey all @robboadam @Rat_au_van @monzo2018 :wave:

Thanks so much for reporting this issue - can I ask which version of iOS you are currently on and if you have any third party keyboards installed on your iPhone?

1 Like

Hey Kenneth - thanks for reaching out.

I’m on the iOS 13.1 beta, but with no 3rd party keyboards.

Seems it’s affecting iOS 12 as well though.

iOS 12.4.1, no third party keyboards installed

Thanks for confirming both! I’ve raised this with the engineers along with this community thread and see if they can investigate further as to why this could be happening :pray:

If there is any update I’ll be sure to let you all know.

5 Likes

Hey @kennethcajigas , I’m on iOS 12.4.1 - no 3rd party keyboards. Thanks for looking into it :blush:

Just to keep y’all updated on this, the behavior of iOS autofill did subtlety change in a release of iOS 12. We have chosen not to fix iOS autofill on our 3D Secure v1 SMS entry page as we will soon be removing SMS codes as an authentication option along with moving to 3D Secure v2.

5 Likes

What will you be replacing them with? :thinking:

Or will all the credit card apps work properly with it?

2 Likes

I think it’s being replaced with the in-app confirmation instead.

Hey Rika - thanks for the update. Do you have any timeframes for moving across to v2? Or is there any way of deactivating the SMS?

It’s a bit of a frustration having to manually put in the codes when requested, so I wonder whether it’s possible to just do it through in-app?

My 3DS for Monzo is always in-app confirmation for Monzo. When do you get SMS without explicitly asking for it?

Some default to sms. Capital one iirc

Used in app twice. It cancelled my ASDA order and confused capital one. Since then I always chose the sms option

1 Like

Has always been default for me when paying off my Amex

Hey @Rika @kennethcajigas

Just to let you know this is happening to me again on the Amex app. I’m able to get the autofill option elsewhere in the app but not when Monzo 3D Secure is running.

2 Likes

It’s started happening to me again too. For a while Monzo was auto-approving the 3DS in the Amex app for me, but now it has started with the SMS verification codes again and the autofill isn’t working.

1 Like

It’s been very flaky for me recently, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’m on 13.2.3.

Any reason for that? Will you provide an lternative as some banks still terminate the transaction as soon as you leave the app which means it is impossible to use Monzo to pay for those. It is also conveininent to approve transactions just by looking at the code from my Watch instead of having to use the app, enter my pin and do that lengthy process.

3 Likes

I second this. I can’t pay off my Barclaycard in-app without SMS authentication.

@Rika what’s the timeframe for this move to version 2, and is there any reason Amex has stopped auto-authorising payments?

SMS works for me.

This would render me unable to make payments as my the app does not work on iOS8

Wow. As above, terribly customer unfriendly and will stop some transactions processing.

Having issues with 3D secure where it doesn’t give an in app option to authenticate Amex payments - only text messages.

@Rika has there been any change since the 16th of September ? Only started happening in the past week or so where it doesn’t do the in-app authentication option.

What device are you running ??