0% Cards or BNPL with Apple Pay provisioning?

So here I am, with an unexpected expense of between £500–£1000 in the coming days. I could easily cover this from my emergency fund (that’s what it is for, right?) but I’d much rather spread it on a 0% plan of I can. It will be a card payment in the next few days – so I don’t think I would have enough time to receive a credit card in the post. But are there any credit card providers (or any BNPL services) that offer 0% financing and can add the card to Apple Pay?

Have you had a Monzo flex invitation yet?

Actually that won’t work yet because the virtual card for that isn’t out. Ignore me

I was thinking that too, but I haven’t even signed up for Flex yet so I don’t think I’d get it before the general rollout… annoying!

Depending on what you’re paying for, it might be worth seeing if the merchant you’re paying has any 0% offers through their own checkout process.

I’m not sure you’ll be able to get a card in time, and Apple Pay rules out PayPal Credit.

What about Klarna? :eyes: I know they have card provisioning built in to allow you to spend on sites that don’t have built in checkout option.

Can you pay off a credit card with a credit card? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Oh, didn’t know they let you do that! It could be an option. I’ll download the app and will have a look :eyes:

You could cover it from your emergency fund initially and then flex it.

1 Like

That would put my Bonds out of commission for two months – I might try to Klarna it. Is there a credit limit I get when I sign up/request a card, or will I have to try and pay then see if I’m accepted/declined on the spot?

Ah makes sense, I’m always reluctant to move money from my bonds too :slight_smile:

1 Like

The drawback of having an emergency fund in Bonds :laughing: I’ll try to Klarna it and hope it works

1 Like

I’ve been looking into this but it seems it’s only in the US after all? Have you used it in the UK?

No credit cards that you can add to ApplePay before it arrives?

That’s what I’m unsure about and was hoping to see if anyone has any experience

If you can get accepted for a Tymit credit card, they issue a virtual card almost straight away which you can use until your physical card arrives.
Or at least they did when I signed up.

1 Like

I’m sure my application was quicker than that.
Although like you, it was a fair while ago so I could be wrong.

1 Like

Tymit seems to be an option, but all the bad things I read about them makes me less than confident in applying

I think a lot of the stuff usually revolves around how slow their customer service can be.
But most of the time any problems seem to get sorted.
Personally, I have had a couple of little niggles, but it still won’t stop me using them.

1 Like

I’d see if I can get a balance transfer card, probably using the mse credit club or other soft checks. Then pay on an existing card and transfer

Signed up to Tymit last week, got approved in two days and have a virtual card to use until physical card arrives. Few niggles with app, silly things like open App with Face ID, but then still asks for PIN after, and there is a notification showing but when I open app I can’t for the life of me find it!!!